Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to need it back come hurricane season

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine should run the tv, and microwave, maybe a few lights if needed being I've swapped out all of ours the led a few years ago. Love it when Lowes or home depot puts them on clearance or mark the wrong ones on sale. Picked up 5 boxes of 6, 60watt that is normally $25.00, they had the whole pallet marked wrong for $5.00 a box. Brother grabbed 6 and of course dad grab one. I told him to rack up, get more than one. That big yellow sale sign came down quick.

Steve

The only thing I would really use it for it would be the two refrigerators

I ran mine a few weeks ago to give a light work out after I got it going. Holds three gallons of gas, ran it three hours running a 50amp battery charger to charge up the battery in the dump trailer. Burned almost 1/2 a tank of gas. Don't know yet how much it will burn on a heavy load. Been nice if it had auto idle. Worked on one of Honda's inverter genset a few years ago. I plug in my old 3/4 horse pedestal fan to see how it would do, I couldn't believe that after the fan kicked in, the gen idled back down some. The fan has a capacitor to help start it up, don't know if that had anything to do with it. I know it was quite while it was running.

Steve

I have a harbor freight 4000 that I take camping to run the AC and microwave, also have a Coleman 1600 that keeps the lights and batteries on in the camper if I don't need AC. I would like a pair of the little generators that hook together but the $$$$ is more than what I'm willing to pay

Those are EXPENSIVE. I watch cl for those but even used are stupid high. Now and then I find one that says runs but no power, those are kind of iffy, especially if you don't know what to look for in finding out what's wrong with it. Never see one that says won't start and run. Those would be easy to fix.

Steve

My son inlaw got a 5k something running watts from HF for 150, scratch and dent sale, had a scratch on the gas tank and a spot on the frame, made out like a bandit on that. We took the wheel kit from his old genset and installed it on to it. His old one, the motor was shot, tapered shaft Tecumseh that was unattainable any more.

Steve

Hey new to the forum. Just had a question. I have a Poulan Pro 4000 with a Walbro HDB 8 carb. I am looking for a circuit plate that let's you adjust the float valve I guess you would call it even though there is no float. I attached a pic of a similar one to it. The read circles part is snapped off on mine. I am willing to buy one if anyone has one. Or I guess a full HDB 8 carb if anyone is selling one of those too.

Attachments

• 20190701_120444.jpg
    20190701_120444.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 10
Everything for it will come in the kit I always try to save the old Springs just in case the new one gets away from me seems like they have a mind of Their Own

I didn't even think about that. I bought a rebuild kit but I guess it was just the gaskets. What is the best way to remove that pin?

Back