Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the HDB 8 kit does not come with it. Can I use a fulcrum from a different walbro carb?

Attachments

• 20190701_124620.jpg
    20190701_124620.jpg
    790.8 KB · Views: 9
Mine came with it but was a little too wide, I could have filed it down some to make it fit but like I said, mine was like new and wasn't a reason for me to change it. I paid a little over $6 plus free shipping off eBay. Same kit fitted Mac pm605 and pm610. That's a full kit minus the pin.

Steve

There's two different kits and yes I've used parts from other carbs before and it's just the one screw you take out that holds the pin in

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Compression tested my saw (poulan 3700) that I did base gasket delete. Was really just looking to see that I got a good seal but I only ended up at 120 psi. I seem to remember a year ago I was at 150. I did re-ring it. Nothing's changed... Didn't seem to leak down so the Hondabond seemed to hold. I was still going to do the crank seals but since it didn't leak down that shouldn't change anything. Seems low though... Could it be the rings need to seat? I haven't started it yet.

If you haven't run it, recheck after about 4 or 5 tanks, should go up after the rings have seated.

Steve

Awesome.

Yeah I still have a few things to do before I crank it. Oil pump and crank seals. Manual pump works but I'll probably replace the o-rings while I'm at it. Diaphragm will get replaced as I'm not convinced it's pumping well. Line shouldn't be cracked as the manual pump works well.

You will more than likely have to make your own diaphragm unless you find a nos somewhere. On the seals, you will need two quad seals. May sure the two check valve ports are clean, no hi pressure to clean out the ports or you will damage them. Carb cleaner with a straw will work.

Steve

This new piston seems good, I think you got a mixup or something sidewall..
However I can’t even get it off... I tried using a 10-24 bolt and it’s with some sockets and washers and the nuts are not strong enough to pull the pin out.
Do you think I can find some actual grade 5 bolts that fit through the pin hole,, nope! Not at the larger outlets...
Gonna have to try a specialty bolt shop and bring in the pin and go from there...

You will more than likely have to make your own diaphragm unless you find a nos somewhere. On the seals, you will need two quad seals. May sure the two check valve ports are clean, no hi pressure to clean out the ports or you will damage them. Carb cleaner with a straw will work.

Steve

Someone on here hooked me up with some stuff.

This new piston seems good, I think you got a mixup or something sidwell..
However I can’t even get it off... I tried using a 10-24 bolt and it’s with some sockets and washers and the nuts are not strong enough to pull the pin out.
Do you think I can find some actual grade 5 bolts that fit through the pin hole,, nope! Not at the larger outlets...
Gonna have to try a specialty bolt shop and bring in the pin and go from there...

Steve
Fixed it, when I first signed up it miss spelled my name, Sidwell. I can't remember what we used when I did mine, it's still on the crankshaft. The 3700 top end assy I got still had the piston attached the the crank.

Back