Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my other engines, sidewinder

That's pretty neat. I love old steam powered stuff especially old steam locomotives. There is something about the sounds, smells, and shear power that I love. I once bit the bullet and saved up the money to take the Cumbres & Toltec scenic railway ride from Antinito, Colorado, to Chama, New Mexico. I will never forget it. Beautiful scenery, the smell of coal burning and the sounds of the locomotive chugging up the steep mountain grades. It was like actually stepping back in time to the late 1800's-early 1900's. I highly recommend it for someones bucket list.

So another failure on the 4218. Time for a rebuild or new carb. Something isn't right. I cleaned it all and I guess the needle doesn't sit as it starts dumping gas through the carb. Last I saw cheapo carbs were basically the same price as a rebuild kit.

I ended up dumping gas all over my shoes when I went to relieve the tank pressure. Doh.

Well, here's the up date on the Super 68. I pulled the fuel filter and it was clean and free flowing. Got my fuel syringe and put a shot of fuel in the carb and it fired right up. Did that 4 times and it kept running. Smoked like a dragon for a while. Revs great and returns to a nice idle. Put the air filter and side plate back on, and figured I'd start it again. With all of the smoke I thought I'd take a pic with it running, all the smoke for proof. Started it up, and no smoke. In the pic it's running. 20190906_153432.jpg

I have a friend that is a machinist and he can make anything if I can get him the specs. I have an extra brand new .404 rim, I just can't figure how to make the piece it slides on. If anyone has done that, let me know how and what I need?

Dang Gary, where's the little ones at. I've only seen one snake in the yard for over 4 months and that was this week. Kind of black with brown on top with white stripe down it's back. The white stripe would half alternating wide white and narrow white line. Saw one at the church two days ago also. Haven't seen but two other like it now and one was last year. Being it was a 16" long baby, I can't find on line what it was.

Steve Sidwell

Dang Gary, where's the little ones at. I've only seen one snake in the yard for over 4 months and that was this week. Kind of black with brown on top with white stripe down it's back. The white stripe would half alternating wide white and narrow white line. Saw one at the church two days ago also. Haven't seen but two other like it now and one was last year. Being it was a 16" long baby, I can't find on line what it was.

Steve Sidwell

Hey Steve , when is see the rat snakes with the lighter colored rectangular blocks on their back it could maybe look like a alternating wide and narrow stripe .

Back