Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Poulan experts know the differences between the 530039088/530039111 and the 530039141/530047198 CDI type coil/FW packages for the late S25DAs?

Is Stephen (acorn hill) still around sometimes?

at least one has been givin er **** before retirement, and had setback/accident in between.
slowed him down a little....

havent been here long, but people come n go...
But I miss my friends. Wished they would pop on now and then to keep us straight. People do come and go, but when you get to know them you hate to see them leave.

Steve Sidwell

So my 4218. I put gas in it after it sitting for months to try and tune it. Tightened then cap and by the time I picked it up fuel was gushing out of the carb....

So... Bad duck bill valve for vent in the cap, carb, or something I screwed up with fuel lines? I replaced all the lines awhile back. Tried cleaning the carb but didnt do a carb rebuild kit. Just cleaned what was there.

Well the valve is not for venting. Sounds like pressure built up and needle not seating letting gas flow right on in the carb and dump out. Valve lets air in, not out.
My Stihl bp blower did that once, I pulled the carb and blew into the inlet fitting, found needle wasn't seating. Pulled it apart and found a small piece of trash in it. Went ahead and cleaned it up and haven't had problems with it since then.
Steve Sidwell

Latest posts

Back