Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a gas cap and oil tank cap three years ago for my wild thing. These haven't given me any problems. The original ones fit after leaving them in the sun for a week, saving those just in case I need a backup. Also I guess it depends on what has you are running also. Non e gas I have no problem with the caps.

Well I was on and in something green today.
a71423d362b35d4029fb455b93f19287.jpg

Steve Sidwell

Missed out on a 3400. My daughter was in Asheville North Carolina this week and tried to get her to go by and pick it up for me but you know how that can be. So if anyone around that area, a guy on CL has one listed for $35.00. I can post a link to it if someone is interested.

Missed out on a 3400. My daughter was in Asheville North Carolina this week and tried to get her to go by and pick it up for me but you know how that can be. So if anyone around that area, a guy on CL has one listed for $35.00. I can post a link to it if someone is interested.
Yup I saw that .

I’ve always used my cheap $10 Lisle 58430 seal puller on those, grind the claw edge a bit narrower, wedge it in the seal/shaft first, then attach (bolt/nut) it to the pry handle. IIRC the shaft was too long for my Stihl seal puller with two claws.

When you go to pop it out, put a folded piece of cardboard or popsicle stick under the fulcrum rod end, so you don’t scratch the paint or poke a hole in the case, lol.

Works slick.

C289F107-C9C4-4EEB-BB7B-5AC28B60A07C.jpeg

I’ve always used my cheap $10 Lisle 58430 seal puller on those, grind the claw edge a bit narrower, wedge it in the seal/shaft first, then attach (bolt/nut) it to the pry handle. IIRC the shaft was too long for my Stihl seal puller with two claws.

When you go to pop it out, put a folded piece of cardboard or popsicle stick under the fulcrum rod end, so you don’t scratch the paint or poke a hole in the case, lol.

Works slick.

View attachment 761169
Thats awsome found it online.

Broke a felling dog bolt off in the hole. Doh!!

Been trying to drill and use an ez-out. So far it hasn't been too easy.

Found out we have a large stash of helicoils at work in the size I need so I think I'm going to go ahead and helicoil it so I can use a longer screw. Any reason I need to be worried about overdrilling this to helicoil? Seemed like plenty of meat around it to work with.

Latest posts

Back