Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been way too hot to do much of anything but I finally heli-coiled my 3700 where I had to drill out the felling dawg bolt. I decided to drill out and safety wire it as it’s a pain to take stuff off to retighten if they get loose even with copious amounts of loctite.

I think I’m gonna do the same on my husky as well as I’ve had it back out before too.

Attachments

• 1AE64B36-5230-4CC0-B532-2F71F05C1EBA.jpeg
    1AE64B36-5230-4CC0-B532-2F71F05C1EBA.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • 2F87E1FF-8A0C-4754-A374-5E8288A94043.jpeg
    2F87E1FF-8A0C-4754-A374-5E8288A94043.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
I need to make sure the safety wire isn’t going to interfere with the chain. May need to redo it. Plus I’m rusty on my safety wiring so it’s not my best work.

For your viewing pleasure. Just brought this guy home. All I can say is wow on the overall condition. Runs like a champ, and appears to be a very low hour saw. Only thing it needs is a new oil cap

Attachments

• 20200721_131934.jpg
    20200721_131934.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
  • 20200721_131941.jpg
    20200721_131941.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 20200721_131951.jpg
    20200721_131951.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20200721_132012.jpg
    20200721_132012.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
I'm happy to say that I got one of my S25DA's running today.I pulled the carb to have a look at the innards & found the fuel inlet screen was missing & the gasket on the metering side was missing too.Amazingly the needle was like new,so I left it in.I put a new diaphragm & gasket kit in the Tilly HU10A carb.The flywheel nut was loose & so was the clutch.After tightening everything up I fired up the saw & the muffler fell off.Lol Finally got it together & running nicely.
I've got another one to start on tomorrow.

Clears no problem. Test will be while cutting to see if it grabs. I may need to re-route the wire behind the spikes then come up to the bottom bolt. We’ll see.

Started them all up as it’s been awhile.

Attachments

• 7F69E3E9-4321-4F8B-9812-25119F10ECAF.jpeg
    7F69E3E9-4321-4F8B-9812-25119F10ECAF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
The 4000 conversion is just in a holding place and when this crazy thing is past history they will become available. Tomorrow I'm going camping for a weekend and my test 4000 is going to get the 20 inch bar into some lodgepole pine trees. The cylinder I have is a very nice looking cylinder and is well made. It has been run hard and long on my dino and I'm impressed with it. Hang in there it will happen.

For your viewing pleasure. Just brought this guy home. All I can say is wow on the overall condition. Runs like a champ, and appears to be a very low hour saw. Only thing it needs is a new oil cap

Nice find, and good for you! Can't wait to see it all cleaned up! I love a full wrap handle on my saws, but that half wrap looks to be nearly new. I'm officially jealous! Proof that they're still out there! Hope everyone is well, safe, secure, and healthy! Max.

The 4000 conversion is just in a holding place and when this crazy thing is past history they will become available. Tomorrow I'm going camping for a weekend and my test 4000 is going to get the 20 inch bar into some lodgepole pine trees. The cylinder I have is a very nice looking cylinder and is well made. It has been run hard and long on my dino and I'm impressed with it. Hang in there it will happen.

Yep I will be going up to the mountains tomorrow also for more lodge pole pine. This trip is for the BIL and then one more for myself and I will be done.

Y'all have fun camping. We've been twice this year and the second trip there was a AC running in the tent.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

We do that sometimes, turn off all the lights and light the lantern. Saves gas money there and back, no mosquitoes, no raccoons or other critters in the food, soft bed and flushing toilets!!! LOL

Mike

Thats a new one Steve. Never heard of AC in a tent. :oops: :drinkingcoffee:

I know in MT we had tent heaters when needed and sleep with gun ready. aka bears.
I just used my cold weather mummy bag (think I still have it too). I wasnt all into that like the married guys that had heaters for tents. But know why now. :yes:

Thats a new one Steve. Never heard of AC in a tent. :oops: :drinkingcoffee:

I know in MT we had tent heaters when needed and sleep with gun ready. aka bears.
I just used my cold weather mummy bag (think I still have it too). I wasnt all into that like the married guys that had heaters for tents. But know why now. :yes:

Yeah sleeping bags are not very fun for playing hide the sausage :happybanana:

Can't imagine dealing with the creatures you guys have. We can curl up and sleep wherever you please here

I have a portable AC unit I use at work. 90 to 98°F is kind of hot camping. Worked great at night, slept like a baby. Of course the air mattress is about 16" thick also. Got to have a little comfort sleeping at night. Tent holds two queen size mattress so plenty of room for me and the wife. Has a divider in the middle to make two rooms so half of it becomes the latrine for her night time trips. AC makes a world of a difference when trying to sleep in the heat. Self contained condensation tank that I empty out the next day and I have a vent pipe running out the corner of one of the doors.

Get nice and cool when inside of a car working

c52103a0bfa783e51f4fdc34c3d07084.jpg

Latest posts

Back