Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an updated recoil assembly that works on a 4200. I can get the recoil to work perfectly but if I tighten the mounting screws down all the way I cant pull it over. Maybe I'm missing something thanks in advance
You are missing something.

Are you pulling the cord out while holding the starter cover up to the saw case so you set the pawls in the starter?

You have to seat the pawls. Push the starter up against the saw in as close as you can get to screwed down location and slowly pull the starter cord until you hear / feel the pawls seat and the cover goes flush with the saw case. You should be able to gently pull the starter and the piston should move a bit move a bit

Hold it there, start the screws and tighten them. Don't let the starter pop back out.

There are updated pawls for that 4200, the new part number is 530042064. Old one was 530042038, and it tended to skip away from the starter ratchets, pissing you off when trying to start it. :chainsaw:

It's prob easier to seat the dogs/pawls by already having the cord pulled out a bit. Then let the cord slowly retract as you're putting the cover on. Tim’s method also works though.

I ran my ported 505 and a ported 390 side by side in the same wood with 32" bars buried and running new full skip 3/8 .050 chisel chain. Both saws cut right with each other. I like the 505's weight and balance way more than the 390, but I likes me my ported 372's even better yet.
You need to try a 505 with a MS660 piston in it that has been ported. There are several people here that have done this.

Lol, I was thinking the about the 40cc plastic trim saws.

I should have looked closer at the 2nd picture, that’s a big saw, but was looking on a cell phone.

I had really missed the color of purple bad.
Scott Kunz showed me later the right purple to use for a WT.

Size differences.

pwt5052375.JPG

Does anyone know where I can get a good check valve that pulsates the oiler on a micro series saw. I have one that is letting bar oil seep into crankcase.

Back