Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This saw is a beast!!! Can’t wait to shed the banana bar and put a good loop of LGX or EXL on her.

Anyone have a decent outer muffler for a 245? Mine is cracked where to bolt goes through and is cobbled together with a second homemade tab to hold the muffler in.

979E94BA-76D8-43C2-9B08-C6E501B58444.jpeg

This saw is a beast!!! Can’t wait to shed the banana bar and put a good loop of LGX or EXL on her.

Anyone have a decent outer muffler for a 245? Mine is cracked where to bolt goes through and is cobbled together with a second homemade tab to hold the muffler in.

View attachment 848929

Part number? There’s 4 or 5 different types. Latest tin cap was a single screw 530024096, & there’s one on fleabay for less than $25, lol.

Has it still got the correct tin muffler?, or the more common P306 cast muff?

Single or two screw tin cap?

Third mounting boss in the cylinder fins?, or no boss?

Part number? There’s 4 or 5 different types. Latest tin cap was a single screw 530024096, & there’s one on fleabay for less than $25, lol.

Has it still got the correct tin muffler?, or the more common P306 cast muff?

Single or two screw tin cap?

Third mounting boss in the cylinder fins?, or no boss?
Single screw tin, I’ll check out that listing.

Well the banana bar is getting put out to pasture...it’s an .050 bar but 90 percent of the bar will cleanly pass an .063 chain. Plus the nose is nearly siezed.

I’ve got a near new Stihl RSN bar and homelite410 adaptor that this will get shortly. Plus I can get rid of the doggone 70 DL chain.
E1CE9E4C-BD96-4921-A228-8098602C994A.jpeg

Say, what’s the story with the double walled fuel line on 4218 family of saws? I have one here where all circulation has been cut off. I’m going to replace it with regular line when I can get to the parts store.
View attachment 849002

4218 5020 got that crap. Change it out before it clogs carb too.

The newer PR5020 had different lines thank goodness. Why I brought that up on the one I worked on this year. ;)

pline.JPGp2700ty1100a.JPGpfuelline.JPGp4218a.JPG

4218 5020 got that crap. Change it out before it clogs carb too.

The newer PR5020 had different lines thank goodness. Why I brought that up on the one I worked on this year. ;)

View attachment 849048View attachment 849049View attachment 849050View attachment 849051
I’ve got this nearly new 42cc 3314 sitting here. Recoil was broken (I’m sure someone pulled themselves to death trying to start it lol) and when the purge valve depressed and didn’t come back up I knew there were other problems. Sure enough it was collapsed at the filter. So I tried to remove the line from my parts saw and same darn thing.

I’ve got this nearly new 42cc 3314 sitting here. Recoil was broken (I’m sure someone pulled themselves to death trying to start it lol) and when the purge valve depressed and didn’t come back up I knew there were other problems. Sure enough it was collapsed at the filter. So I tried to remove the line from my parts saw and same darn thing.

That 2nd pic down was a line I installed to watch in something of mine. Not much use at all. 1 year and it did that. = crap line

Low permeation lines, per 2012 EPA & California CARB Tier 3 laws.
The dual wall tubing quality you’ve shown is a real shitshow, but don’t change it out for Tygon on customers saws!

They forgot to add " May contain substances that may cause cancer in the State of California". I've always wondered why it can cause cancer in Ca. but nowhere else LOL

Today I picked up a 3400 and a Power Mac 320 for $1.00 Both have good looking pistons, and spark. The 3400 needs a recoil repair, either clutch cover or chain brake, air filter and very top cover. This is one with a green top my other 3400s have black tops. The air filter appears to be a little different.
And here I am trying to cut down the heard.

Latest posts

Back