Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished with the 3400 I found in my shed, (was a parts donor). New seals ,carburetor kit,and lines.
It appears to be a 81' model, it has a hole for the adjustable oiler but there is no screw for adjustment.
Seems to rev up very nicely with my sneaky muffler mod, makes it a little buck tooth muffler cover.View attachment 857920View attachment 857921View attachment 857922View attachment 857923View attachment 857924
Draw you a little smile below that, already has two eyes and a nose.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

You were right @s sidewall to freaking easy again. Got lucky 6 for 6.

Just went through the new to me 54cc chrome bore. It lives too.

Lot nicer under covers then expected too. New line, impulse line, bar tensioner and my redneck line clip.

View attachment 858108View attachment 858109View attachment 858110View attachment 858111View attachment 858112View attachment 858113View attachment 858114
I figured you'd get it running, looked to good not too, minus the cylinder cover burns.

I think I've heard about those. Different colors for different spring pressure. Low spring tension for saws that rev high and high spring tension for low speed high torque saws.

That’s a good tip Steve, the spring rate selections for low/high RPM saws also have to match your muffler bearings’ speed.

I almost can’t wait for it to arrive here, it’s coming from those nice Nigerian folks that kindly accepted my Venmo payment!

I think I've heard about those. Different colors for different spring pressure. Low spring tension for saws that rev high and high spring tension for low speed high torque saws.

Sounds like you describing the Holley vac secondary kits.

I picked up a saw but the site won't let me post it.

Might be the name. It's green on the inside, I swear.

Maybe this has been brought up in the last 2800 pages, but has anybody noticed that Oregon has listed the 3700 as a .325 and .375 pitch chain in different publications? Was the .325 pitch only available overseas or something?

Latest posts

Back