Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a 3300, sears 3.3, and a 3000 all running and cutting for a price to good to pass up. Problem is the 3000 has no air filter. Anyone know where I could find one? I'd even consider a parts saw if it had a useable filter.
Thank yall
Was that you on FB that I said I might let a used one go to if you cant find somewhere else?
That I have NOS still too, but keeping those still as I still run saws using them.

c33x5555.jpg

Do you mean with a sprocketed tip end for running big #72 type standard 3/8” chain, & not the #91 low profile chain?

You must be running nitrous & a turbo on it, lol!

A041 is the mount, so there may be some Husky bars for standard 3/8” chain...
Yes, I want to get away from the LP chain.....

Yes, I want to get away from the LP chain.....
I’ve never seen one advertised, but by trial & error you may find one that the longer driver fits the sprocket tip, or just run a hard tip ‘HT’ bar on it.

The Poulan S25DA uses the same A041 mount.

I ran a full house #72 standard 3/8” chain on a HT bar on a 38cc S25CVA once, but it did not have the balls to properly run a 14” bar in oak, even with the factory set rakers. In smaller wood, it was too grabby & tried to yank the lightweight saw out of my hands.

The hunt for the correct 3/8” drive sprocket will be your next concern.

Anyone know of a standard 3/8 pitch bar that will fit on the Wild Thing type saws?

Which wild thing? 2375 from the 1990's or P4018WT strato 2005+

They are .3937/10mm crank so a .325 clutch/chain swap is easy, and the 041 bar is also available
My 2900 went from 325 chain-sprocket-bar to 3/8LP using old 10mm clutch and bar poulan parts.
You can even go to 1/4" chain- bar with Husky 41 parts which I discovered has carving saw designation

Shared with me on FB by a guy that worked for them back then.

Copy paste from video = This was filmed circa 1950 in Shreveport, Louisiana, and it showcases the Poulan 2400. Some of the people in the video are Harry and Fletcher Poulan. THERE IS NO SOUNDTRACK to this film.

Wow, very interesting. Love the squirt bottle of bar oil.

Which wild thing? 2375 from the 1990's or P4018WT strato 2005+

They are .3937/10mm crank so a .325 clutch/chain swap is easy, and the 041 bar is also available
My 2900 went from 325 chain-sprocket-bar to 3/8LP using old 10mm clutch and bar poulan parts.
You can even go to 1/4" chain- bar with Husky 41 parts which I discovered has carving saw designation

Shared with me on FB by a guy that worked for them back then.

Copy paste from video = This was filmed circa 1950 in Shreveport, Louisiana, and it showcases the Poulan 2400. Some of the people in the video are Harry and Fletcher Poulan. THERE IS NO SOUNDTRACK to this film.

Great video Kevin! You probably remember back at our GTG in 2012, Steve & Dean, brought and ran some of their two man Poulans. The one that looks similar to your video is a model 44 as I recall. I could be wrong. I did get a video of the model 52 in action. That thing sounds great once it gets warmed up.

Poulan GTG 2012 009.jpg

Poulan GTG 2012 003.jpg

Poulan GTG 2012 029.jpg

Gregg,

Been doing some looking and still looking for some felling dogs for a 4400. I've found a couple but they don't specify enough to tell me if they will fit a 4400 or not so I haven't pulled the trigger on any yet. Any insight would be greatly be appreciated.

Normally dont go for these "new"View attachment 871827 types but I keep seeing them listed for 75 bucks with problems. At $25, 6 miles away, and its PURPLE...I splurged.
Went through the purple thing and it was the cleanest saw I've ever picked up, the first four pics are missing something any used saw should have....woods chips! Blade was so dull there could never be any wood chips produced by this saw. Replaced fuel lines and filter, bulb, and metering diaphragm. Opened up the muffler a little and put a different air filter in as well as altered the airfilter cover. Took a little pullin to get started and running right but finally got it dialed in on the low speed. Likes 2.25 plus turns out at least. I put the muff cover back on without the screen but those holes ought to help a little, crude.

Attachments

• purple thang starter.jpg
    purple thang starter.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 15
  • purple thang flywheel.jpg
    purple thang flywheel.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 14
  • purple thang sprocket.jpg
    purple thang sprocket.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 14
  • purple thang clutch cover.jpg
    purple thang clutch cover.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 14
  • purple thang air cleaner mod 2.jpg
    purple thang air cleaner mod 2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 15
  • purple thang air cleaner mod 3.jpg
    purple thang air cleaner mod 3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 15
  • purple thang air cleaner mod.jpg
    purple thang air cleaner mod.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 15
  • purple thang muff 1.jpg
    purple thang muff 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 15
  • purple thang muff.jpg
    purple thang muff.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 15
I like the felt air filters better, easier to clean and to me filter better than the foam ones.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
My thinking is that those felt ones are super thick and seems like a restricted air flow issue, maybe not, but just my thinking. Couple that with the plastic cover with just the small holes in the bottom.

Latest posts

Back