Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the time that plastic cover doesn't stay attached and is just sitting there. If it wasn't for the cylinder cover it would fall off.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
You know, I was thinking when I put the cover on that seems like it would just slip off....I thought about just a couple zip ties around to hold the filter in place would probably be better. I can't see a great deal of dust and chips getting inside the cover before I would clean in a normal maintenance time anyway. I doubt I'll use this saw much, I just like that its purple.

I remember the early models that ran the foam filter didn't have a cover on them, just the felt filters had them. Dad ran a bunch of those saws. He would run the mess out of them til the wouldn't run anymore and go out and buy another.

Good evening everyone, I hope all are well and healthy. I wanted to give a shout out to Gary "green lust" here on Nik's Poulan Thread. Through some horse trading Gary provided me the Poulan 5200 spike I needed for my latest green saw. Great experience, great guy, great thread. Thanks Gary! While I never met Nik in person, I emailed and spoke with him in my years on here, and know he'd be proud his thread has so many good people on it. Lastly, GO NAVY, beat Army West Point! Max.

Looking for a Poulan Wild Thing 2375 decal for the clutch cover, any help would be appreciated!
I ended up buying a parts saw for $30. Externally, looked like it had hardly be used. Cylinder head / piston was shot. Whoever serviced it put the clutch washers on wrong, and screwed up the sprocket. Cutch cover, brake, starter cover, carb, everything else was perfect. It was worth $30 just to have a brake on my saw.

Attachments

• 7E20E18E-FF2A-4347-BDDA-B763C1EEA4CB.png
    7E20E18E-FF2A-4347-BDDA-B763C1EEA4CB.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
Both of these dropped of yesterday. Been setting for awhile from the looks.

Scared of what I will find in the tanks.

Heck one chain looks rusted bad. Both chains will be tossed Imagine.

Least they have regular clutch covers on them.

View attachment 873952View attachment 873953
Those 2 look about in the same shape as the 3416 and the Wild Thing I found at my house when I bought it. Those 2 were actually what got me into Poulan saws though so. I still use the 3416 for a limbing saw.

Brother just sent this to me, having a hard time trying to ID it.
6fd87d9cb48bce46b80c31db88c18741.jpg

Are those strato saws? I presume they are and if so easier to work on than the HUsky 240?

Strato's. I prefer the older non strato myself to use and work on.

Just took covers and bar chains off for a look. Like new under the grime. Even the air filters and spur. Hardly used. Just homeowner trimming I reckon.
1 no mix in it. Other little mix and pours like a thick syrup with some water added. LOL
I remember the PP3516 now. I had done fuel lines in it like 6-7 years ago. All the lines were still decent in both. But will get a better look later.

Alright guys insure me on this,,,the 3700 was a thin ring saw and the 3800 was a thick ring saw. The 3700 was discontinued before the 3800 was ever engineered/released so no way in hell was a 3700 ever sold in green with thick rings and a bare bore. Not talking about the red or grey saws just green. I'M sure throughout the years poulan threw all kinds of sh!! together to fill contracts with craftsman.

Don't know what years but the 3700 was thin ring chrome bore and 3800 was thick ring plain bore. My 3400 is running a thin ring 3700 chrome bore from a red craftsman. I thought the 3700 had black top covers also.

All 3700’s I’ve seen were thin ringed and chrome bore. Also had a black filter cover with air slits. As an aside, several years ago we had a discussion here if a 3400 would run better with a 3700 filter cover. I have two red craftsman, one is a thin ringed chrome bore 3700 and the other a thick ringed bare bore 3800. I just think Poulan used varying parts for the Craftsman brand. Now, I’ve never seen a 4000 craftsman.

Alright guys insure me on this,,,the 3700 was a thin ring saw and the 3800 was a thick ring saw. The 3700 was discontinued before the 3800 was ever engineered/released so no way in hell was a 3700 ever sold in green with thick rings and a bare bore. Not talking about the red or grey saws just green. I'M sure throughout the years poulan threw all kinds of sh!! together to fill contracts with craftsman.

To through another question out there, kinda along the same line. Back in about 1990, when the Poulan Pro line of saws came out, right after the merger of Pioneer/Poulan, and went to the new black/gold colors. Poulans older big saws, 6900, 7700 ,8500 disappeared, along with 3400, 3700, 3800, 4000 etc. They came out with the 375 & 395, both clearly new versions of the 3700 & 4000. So I'm assuming they still had 3700 & 4000 piston/cyl. supplies in stock, to make these "new models". They also had another saw called a 385, which to my knowledge, no one has ever seen. LOL Have seen it listed in IPL's etc. But not in real life. Not even a picture of one. Could that possibly have been a 3800 continuation? I cant think of what could be so different between a 375 & 395 to constitute another model designation. Maybe the elusive 385 was a thick ring, bare bore saw,. Who knows?

Gregg,

Back