Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oil that gets in is to lub the pump rod, and let any oil that gets by the rod out. By having the pump rod surrounded by the thick bar oil that is what seals the little pump shaft. It is moving back and forth every turn of the crank so at 8000 rpm it is doing its best to get oil to the bar.

Todd,here's a pic of the pump I bought off Feebay.Note the fine brass wool that someone put in it.

I can either take the new diaphragm out of the original pump & put it in this pump,or I can take the brass wool out of this pump & put it in the original pump.Since I put a new pick up line on the original pump I'd rather take the fine brass wool out of this pump & put it in the original.

Since I have no idea what the original foam material was.How about a spongy styrofoam type material?And why loop it through the pump housing,why not just make a couple of square plugs?

No responses when I asked the first time so I'll try again. Where do you guys find pistons and rings for the micros? Seems the usual old places have pretty much dried up and the only game in town is whatever crap LRB seems to be offering -- and you couldn't give me anything from them.

My immediate need appears to be a 530010588 piston kit, or at minimum, a 530012065 ring -- for starters. It's a 358.357181 CVA.

TIA for any productive input.

Things are getting harder to find and piston, cylinder and rings are at the top of the list. The only way I have been able to find some parts is to find a parts saw and use what you need. Sometimes you need to find two saws just to have one that runs. A word of warning is that after you get a runner don't go looking for a third saw so you can have 2 runners. It is a hard habit to stop because the more extra parts you get the easier it is to go looking for magic saw that will make it even again. Good luck.

No responses when I asked the first time so I'll try again. Where do you guys find pistons and rings for the micros? Seems the usual old places have pretty much dried up and the only game in town is whatever crap LRB seems to be offering -- and you couldn't give me anything from them.

My immediate need appears to be a 530010588 piston kit, or at minimum, a 530012065 ring -- for starters. It's a 358.357181 CVA.

TIA for any productive input.

Couldn’t find that 358.357181 CVA model number on Sears website, but 530012065 is the early 2.3 micro cylinder, not a ring.

530025467 is that cylinder’s piston ring, and it looks like some are for sale on FleaBay.

https://www.poulanpro.com/tdrdownload//pub000011540/doc000030206

A word of warning

You're a little late. LOL

More Jelly Beans.jpg

Couldn’t find that 358.357181 CVA model number on Sears website, but 530012065 is the early 2.3 micro cylinder, not a ring.

530025467 is that cylinder’s piston ring, and it looks like some are for sale on FleaBay.

My bad. Copied the wrong number. That 358 number comes right up for me and the ring I see is 530025876..., and that's the only place I've seen it. That obviously begs the question, are there multiple part numbers that interchange? And this is a single ring piston. Not double. From what I've been able to determine, It's also a 1.6mm ring which rules out any common off the shelf substitutes. I think I could get by with just a ring for this particular need if I can find one that'll work. (Tearing into my saws for parts is not an option -- at least not in this particular case.)

Anyway, thanks for the responses, fellas. Any additional input would be greatly appreciated.

I put the pump together for the 3400 with the foam strip in it as suggested.Now,how the hell do I get the oil discharge line back in where it's supposed to go?Does it just slip into a reservoir,or is there a metal tube that it fits into ?I've tried putting 2 different size wires in from the discharge hole on the pad & it seems they curl up against something.They won't come out into where the pump slips into the tank.

I was able to use a wire & feed the line onto it & work it up into position (I think),but when I put oil in the tank it leaked out.I don't know what happened.Maybe the check valves are stuck open?That was the last of my bar & chain oil.I'm just a little bit pissed.

Latest posts

Back