Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be that it's leaking from the oil tank vent. There's a hole behind the bar pad that should have a cotter in it. The hole wears over time form the pin vibrating. You could always stick a tighter cotter pin in the hole if that's the leak point.

View attachment 992850
Tim,it's leaking out of the oil discharge hole.I'm thinking the oil discharge line from the pump never made it up into it's place.I'll have to pull the pump again & have another go at it next week.Too busy tomorrow & the rest of the weekend..

Tim,it's leaking out of the oil discharge hole.I'm thinking the oil discharge line from the pump never made it up into it's place.I'll have to pull the pump again & have another go at it next week.Too busy tomorrow & the rest of the weekend..

Check the attached pic. Either way you will have to unscrew the discharge port fitting with a screwdriver to see if it is connected. I'd pull the pump first and unscrew the discharge line so you don't crimp or crack it.
I think I sent you the manual at one time, If not let me know and I'll resend it. Easier to read.

1654219317192.png

Check the attached pic. Either way you will have to unscrew the discharge port fitting with a screwdriver to see if it is connected. I'd pull the pump first and unscrew the discharge line so you don't crimp or crack it.
I think I sent you the manual at one time, If not let me know and I'll resend it. Easier to read.

View attachment 993004
The discharge port fitting just fell out & it won't stay in place.I think it's just supposed to fit over the discharge line.There's no slot in it for a screwdriver.
Yeah,you did send me an IPL for the 3400 a few yrs.back,but I don't know what happened to it,must've gotten deleted accidentally.I've been using a 3700 IPL for the 3400.It'd be much appreciated if you could resend it,thanks!

The discharge port fitting just fell out & it won't stay in place.I think it's just supposed to fit over the discharge line.There's no slot in it for a screwdriver.
Yeah,you did send me an IPL for the 3400 a few yrs.back,but I don't know what happened to it,must've gotten deleted accidentally.I've been using a 3700 IPL for the 3400.It'd be much appreciated if you could resend it,thanks!
Attached are the IPL and a service manual.

Attachments

• 3400 IPL POUI1980_USen_64155_ Klippo.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Service Manual Poulan 3400-3700-4000.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
take a look at the model and capacity

That is weird yours say 3100 3.3. Measure your bore and see.

I did just find a IPL that showed the 3100 3300 for same ring. So like yours show they are out there. Thanks for sharing. Attached at bottom of pics.
Just updated that thread with your clutch cover and IPL info.

Where are you located? Ours here 3100 was 3.0 that John had. Possibly 2 cc were offered depending on parts. No clue.
Just like I found out other day why 3600 was offered which was same saw as 3500.

Pic John sent me from a parts IPL book.
John I cant recall your username here. But check this guys 3100 out on clutch cover. Different then ours here.

This one was FS local but being bare 3.0 didnt look at it.

p3100b.jpg
p3100.jpg

Attachments

• poulan3100chainsaw(1).pdf
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
Todd, That is exact same kit that I come by back in 2012 or so. Mark kinda confirmed it was a Sunbelt kit, You end up with a 88cc saw as a result. I personally couldnt tell any difference. But thats just me. I noticed the cut out on piston also, that was different from stock, but left it alone. Curious to know what difference would be with an alteration. Im not gonna pull mine apart to find out. LOL It runs fine the way it is.

View attachment 992847View attachment 992848

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back