Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just scooped up a friggin minty 3800. I’m trying to get this thing tuned and it looks like the guy botched the rebuild, stripped screws for the diaphragm cover, etc…
It currently has the Walbro HDB 8b in it. Does anybody know of anything comparable or better that would fit? Thanks!
The later carb was a HDB-19, both work.

There are $25 used carbs listed on fleabay if you can’t seal your HDB-8 up.

The 5020 is a 50cc saw and is ok. It is a strato design and you really cannot do a lot of modifying to it.
They do benefit from a good muffler mod and they will perform pretty much like a 50cc saw. Worth fixing up I would say yes. I have two by the way.
Thanks for the input!!!

The 5020 is a 50cc saw and is ok. It is a strato design and you really cannot do a lot of modifying to it.
They do benefit from a good muffler mod and they will perform pretty much like a 50cc saw. Worth fixing up I would say yes. I have two by the way.
Could you explain the “strato design”.Just trying to get a better understanding of differences in chain saws.Thanks in advance.

Back