Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i got it it had no mixture screw springs.All the paint under the muff is untouched.Saw didn't get used.Under chain cover no scratches, all intact paint.Yeah, black and grey.I'll take a look at her tomorrow.

Went to run my sears 3800 1987 today.Ripped a 24 inch oak round into a square for a table.Started running lean,like out of gas.The carb high needle was walking in lean.Put some threebond on the threads, should have tried teflon tape instead I imagine.
Here are couple pics of the Zama carb Hotshot speaks of. This is the only Poulan I have that has a zama on, all others are Walbro. This is on a Poulan Pro 375. Everything is in the same place for easy hook up and works great. I tried swapping with a Walbro just to compare....no difference in performance. Back then I put a new diaphragm kit in it, that was still available. Don't know about now. The Zama is a easy swap if ya run across one.

375 016.jpg

375 015.jpg

100_0013.JPG

Gregg,

I bought a pp220 that had a black goo on the muffler bolt threads . I don't know what it was but I have used the nondrying permatex no 2 form a gasket thread sealant on sloppy muffler bolts and bar studs and would try it on the sloppy threads of the carb adjust needles .
Scott

I wonder if it is the European color of your chainsaw or Hitler got a license and did it himself ;-)

Attachments

• 20220904_160903.jpg
    20220904_160903.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
I wonder if it is the European color of your chainsaw or Hitler got a license and did it himself ;-)
XX poulan crank seals.

Check me on this as I cant recall. But seen you looking for seals. If I recall right I think were same as ones used in micro saws. Someone correct me if I remember wrong please.

There is even aftermarket ones now too.

They can still be bought 530019059

Just thought I would post couple pics of some work couple old green Poulan saws can still do. Don't need no stinkin modern $1.500 electronic fuel injected, supercharged, plastic saws. ;) Used the 4200 to drop this storm damaged 24" hickory. I hate tackling these trees with the tops broke and bent over about 20-30 feet up. At least the bottom was not rotted and was solid, makes things a little more predictable. I ran out of bar oil, so had to stop cutting today. Used the 4000 to help buck some of it.

IMG_20220902_104713375.jpg

IMG_20220907_120802393.jpg

IMG_20220907_153707269.jpg

IMG_20220907_120814112.jpg

Gregg,

This not chainsaw related. but was interesting to me as I was out in woods pickin up wood. Had a visitor fly in and land in a tree right next to where I was working and watched me for some time. Never been that close to one before. Barn Owl I'm guessing. Have seen Great Horned Owls, and Screech Owls before, but not one of these.

IMG_20220908_133005322 (2).jpg

Gregg,

This not chainsaw related. but was interesting to me as I was out in woods pickin up wood. Had a visitor fly in and land in a tree right next to where I was working and watched me for some time. Never been that close to one before. Barn Owl I'm guessing. Have seen Great Horned Owls, and Screech Owls before, but not one of these.

View attachment 1015864

Gregg,

Barred owl. Cool critters Gregg. Great pic
They are usually pretty docile during the daylight hours.

Anyone here know were I might get some Poulan super 33 Parts I need Fuel cap oil cap And starter cup. I know this is a long shot why are the Sand cast parts like non existent? Here is my collection.
I'd love to know the same thing. I've located a carb kit on Amazon. Need to figure out what fuel lines and bar oil line sizes. Would like to know the best route to clean the air filter. Best way to get the carb off. Lol I'm new to this saw and I have the carb nuts off but it doesn't have the clearance to come off. The handle is on there tight and I don't want to strip out the head trying to pull it off for a little clearance. Basically any tips or information you found helpful I'd love to know 👍

Back