Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmmm

i been running 50.1 in newer saws and 32.1 in older ones i suppose 40.1 would be a good comprimise!

Good save...
gotta love properly applied JB weld....
waiting on the pics...
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:agree2:

I used JB Weld to lock the bar studs in place (rotate when casting lip breaks off) on the inside of my PM650 oil tank. Rock solid a year later even submersed in lube oil...

3400 bar adjusting screw

The last 3400 I picked up is lacking the bar adjusting screw. Anyone have a screw and pin or even a whole cover so I can run the saw?

Here is some pictures of the one I posted about.

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

pictures are worth a thousand words...this is what came to me today...
I put the new bar and chain on it...

attachment.php
[IMG

attachment.php

This thing is ready to eat some wood. I put mix in it and it popped on the second pull.

Runs great...ye ha...

All my other saws are fore sale....:blob2:

Fantastic looking 4200 Stephen:clap: And a stout one too, by the looks of it.
I'm very familiar with the way a 4200 performs, (at least MoparMike's 4200's ):D Thats another one on my wish list.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Please, no! Anything but Gary! Just trying to help a :newbie:.

LOL, Thats a good one :) I used to run dino oil at 32:1 in my old Poulan's.
Several years ago made the switch to syn. at 40:1 I now run the same mix in every 2-stroke I own. From R/C airplanes to chainsaws to trimmers. Makes life a whole lot SIMPLER!!!:)
Gregg,

Last edited:
That :newbie: is me. Obviously, oil is a hot topic on this forum. Thanks for the info, and I'll keep my posts about the saws themselves from now on. ha!

No problem, Telemaster. Just poking some fun at our unofficial Mod, Mark. Whoa! Just realized what the "Mod" in his user name really stands for. What an awakening! Always thought it was because he used to run modified race cars. :hmm3grin2orange:

Bottom line on the mix ratio is, after you read all the tons of info on this forum about the various mixes and ratios, your saw, you paid for it and can hang your mailbox on it if you want to. We all make our decisions based on all the input as to what to run. I left out this part in my original thread: I run what the manufacturer specifies in all my new saws. It that's 50:1, that's what I run. But as Gregg brushed on in his answer, there is a convenience factor in a heavier oil mix when you're using it in other equipment like blowers and string trimmers. Most important thing is to run good full synthetic oil mixed with fresh gas and pour it into your vehicle after a few weeks. I personally keep it for 6-8 weeks. Just my 2 cents.

OK, Mark. I think I'm done. Please don't call Gary. LOL

Looks to be a Poulan 2300. I don't have one but others here seem to like them. If I'm correct it superseded the venerable S25CVA, which I feel is an outstanding saw. I'm sure someone will chime in.
Bob

I have a couple of the 2.3 Poulans but haven't used them enough to tell how good they are, but you sure are correct on the 25s.

Back