Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I acquired a 395 awhile back but it's kinda rough looking. It's on the list to be worked on. Really needs paint and decals. Have had no luck matching the paint so far. Anyone have a paint code for the Poulan Pro yellow? Thanks to Gregg, who made a set of decals for my 375, all I need to do is change the 7 to a 9 on the digital files and print them out. Gregg, :yourock:

Does he make decals for an old S25DA ?

Mark, I am glad the little one is in your hands, it's been in a box since I got it back in 2006. I hang on the stuff like that, somewhere along the line, someone who will really wants it comes along. It's better off in your hands Mark.
I have seen other Ridgid chainsaws, there must have been a dealer close by.

Regardless of which came first or superceded which, I'm hanging on to the 25 series saws that I have..they are great for cutting wood. I have 2 Craftsman versions and 1 Poulan XXV and I think I'll keep all 3. I have some newer plastic ones and they're probably gonna be for sale in the future.

Well, it happens every time! I kinda bragged about the Poulan XXV and it let me down. Not completely the saw's fault I guess. Anyway, I have a big tree down in the yard and went to cut it up, grabbed the XXV and I couldn't get it to run right. I finally found a 2.3 that did run good and cut some on the tree. If memory serves me correctly, I haven't yet cleaned the carb on the XXV or put a kit in it so guess it was my fault after all. I think I did put a fuel line in it though. I probably didn't have a kit for it at the time and forgot all about it.

Mark, I am glad the little one is in your hands, it's been in a box since I got it back in 2006. I hang on the stuff like that, somewhere along the line, someone who will really wants it comes along. It's better off in your hands Mark.
I have seen other Ridgid chainsaws, there must have been a dealer close by.

Yeah I have done the same thing, hanging on to one till someone comes along that will apprecaite it!

If you ever see a Ridgid 690-21AV let me know.

Mark, I just talked to my Bro, he says the the Western Auto in Fortuna, CA sold Ridgid chainsaws, he bought a medium sized one and no, he doesn't have it.

Mark, I just talked to my Bro, he says the the Western Auto in Fortuna, CA sold Ridgid chainsaws, he bought a medium sized one and no, he doesn't have it.

Really? Ridgids were sold at Western Auto. Thats kinda wierd since Western Auto had Poulan relable Wizard branded saws just for them..

Learn something new everyday!

wow

im trying to store all this stuff away in my head LOL i barely remeber western auto in our area i was driving my first truck and bought some tires i dont remember chainsaws LOL how long ago we talking?course this is florida lmao swamps and beach hahah

attachment.php

spotted this allis chalmers at the engine show a few weeks back.

It looks like my S25CVA, except my on/off switch is a toggle on the case under the handle..

Working on the Ridgid 590

Got the oil tank fixed from where they broke it. The broken piece was in the oil tank which made it eaiser to repar. You can also see the bent bar adjuster screw and see why the tank broke.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here the tank is cleaned up and ready to repair.

attachment.php

Here from the outside you can see the broken piece put in place with some JB weld.

attachment.php

You got lucky that the yahoo that broke it, didn't dig the piece out of the tank and throw it away!!!

Was that from tightening the bar cover down without the adjuster pin being through the hole in the bar???

Mike

Last edited:
Looks good Mark, out of curiosity how many saws per day do you rebuild? :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

More problems found....

Took the muffler off to inspect the P/C even though the compression felt good and found more problems.

Look at the piston and tell me what's wrong here. Yep, that's right someone has been in here before and put the piston on backwards. The ring ends should be opposite of the exhaust port!

attachment.php

When there backwards they can catch a ring end on the exhaust port. Like this dammit! Look closely at the top of the exhaust port and you can see where the ring has caught and chipped some of the chrome plating off. :angry:

attachment.php

I have had a new jug, piston and rings here for sometime in case I needed one, and I guess a Ridgid is special enough to earn them.

attachment.php

Here is the P/C installed and I quit on it for now. Maybe I'll get to work on it some tomorrow. I'll go ahead and replace the crank seals as well since I'm down this far and have decided, that theres no reason to make it a shelf queen, it will get run!

attachment.php

You got lucky that the yahoo that broke it, didn't dig the piece out of the tank and throw it away!!!

Was that from tightening the bar cover down without the adjuster pin being through the hole in the bar???

Mike

Yep, thats exactly what it was. Seen plenty of bent screws on these before but this is the first time I seen one go through the tank.

Looks good Mark, out of curiosity how many saws per day do you rebuild? :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

What do you mean? I like to keep piddling with these relics!

Latest posts

Back