Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridgid 590 completed

Got the Ridgid finished yesterday. It runs like new which it should after all this.

When I got the little Ridgid from Randy last week he sent me a little gift along with it. He must have got the idea somewhere that I enjoy a cold beer or 12 now and then, so he sent me this.

attachment.php

Hmm, I aint had a PBR in sometime and thought I don't remember them being too bad, so I chilled it down and thougth I would have a cold drink while working on the Ridgid. Now I remember why I have not had a PBR in a long time. :hmm3grin2orange:

I was just getting to the stage of putting the crank seals in the saw and was thinking I needed to put something on the crank to protect the inner seal lips from getting turned up on the sharp step on the crank.

I took a big swig of PBR, puckered up my face and in a flash of genius, it dawned on my what a good use of this can of beer would be. The best use of it I might add. :cheers:

Behold the PBR seal protector. Don't laugh, it works.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It also got me thinking about getting out my gasket punch and making some Pabst Blue Ribbon carb governor block off disk's! Waste not want not. :givebeer:

Here it is all up and running.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got the Ridgid finished yesterday. It runs like new which it should after all this.

When I got the little Ridgid from Randy last week he sent me a little gift along with it. He must have got the idea somewhere that I enjoy a cold beer or 12 now and then, so he sent me this.

attachment.php

Hmm, I aint had a PBR in sometime and thought I don't remember them being too bad, so I chilled it down and thougth I would have a cold drink while working on the Ridgid. Now I remember why I have not had a PBR in a long time. :hmm3grin2orange:

I was just getting to the stage of putting the crank seals in the saw and was thinking I needed to put something on the crank to protect the inner seal lips from getting turned up on the sharp step on the crank.

I took a big swig of PBR, puckered up my face and in a flash of genius, it dawned on my what a good use of this can of beer would be. The best use of it I might add. :cheers:

Behold the PBR seal protector. Don't laugh, it works.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It also got me thinking about getting out my gasket punch and making some Pabst Blue Ribbon carb governor block off disk's! Waste not want not. :givebeer:

Here it is all up and running.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good Mark. What's the green flywheel doing in there?

Looks good Mark. What's the green flywheel doing in there?

I can't say for sure. This saw has been apart before thats for sure. I have just noticed the difference lately but this saw has the ND coil with the small plug wire like a 200 series saw did. Maybe someone changed out the ign and flywheel on it.

I need to check closer on these ign differences as that seems to be about the only thing I see not the same on some 200 series saws to the 300 series.

"I took a big swig of PBR, puckered up my face and in a flash of genius, it dawned on my what a good use of this can of beer would be. The best use of it I might add."
Ahhhh The Bitter Beer Face. :laugh: That silver & black makes a nice color combo for a chainsaw. Looks good Mark. That deserves a cold Miller High Life!
:cheers:
Gregg,

Geez, Ireland!!! Thats a long way to go to look for a GREEN chainsaw Bob.:D
Would be a great place to look for an old Fordson tractor though.
Gregg,

Hey, what state is Ireland in anyways? :dizzy:

Used to have an old Fordson tractor with a hydraulic front end loader on it when I was a teenager. Tore up the bucket trying to uproot everything in sight with but the tractor was indestructible. Had a diesel engine with a manual compression release lever on the valves and was hard as hell to crank when it was cold.

Used to have an old Fordson tractor with a hydraulic front end loader on it when I was a teenager. Tore up the bucket trying to uproot everything in sight with but the tractor was indestructible. Had a diesel engine with a manual compression release lever on the valves and was hard as hell to crank when it was cold.

Sounds like a Super Major Diesel. I had 2 of them, one with a Ford 771 loader. Good tractors for what they were and really easy on fuel.

Anyone know of a supplier for a duck valve for a 245A? I've checked a number of local stores and no one has anything.

Thanks!

That's cause they do not care about the older equipment all they want to do is sell consumers new plastic older equipment is my specialty i have those long green duck valves on hand just got to go digging in some boxes for it saw them a couple weeks ago just forget where i laid them at .

Hey, just had me a PBR in Wisconsin a few weeks back. My wife just started laughing when I saw it behind the cooler glass and ordered it, said "I knew you would do that". It was better than the Old Swill I ordered after next that's for sure :cheers:

Oh yeah, that Rigid looks good! :rockn:

may have found the mystery problem with PP260

It has been acting like running out of gas about 40% full, thought
it as a vent issue, but it looks like this model has a duckbill in fuel cap;
started to shorten pickup line yesterday, noticed it was getting stiff
already again (alcohol in fuel ?) so I bought new fuel line. While fishing it
in, I noticed a post molded in rear of tank & shoved the line behind it
this time; next use will tell.

:ices_rofl:

PBR is a McCulloch thing, with a few crossovers, it's better when not real cold. We used to meet in a turnout on the Ave of the Giants, we tossed the last cans of the case under a log for later. The log kept the PBR at the right temp, about 55 degrees. We took a trip south this weekend through my territory, I checked the log for beer, was disappointed, some SOB drank my 30 year old beer.

trip007.jpg

:ices_rofl:

PBR is a McCulloch thing, with a few crossovers, it's better when not real cold. We used to meet in a turnout on the Ave of the Giants, we tossed the last cans of the case under a log for later. The log kept the PBR at the right temp, about 55 degrees. We took a trip south this weekend through my territory, I checked the log for beer, was disappointed, some SOB drank my 30 year old beer.

Kinda gives a new meaning to "Beechwood Aged" :D
Sounds to me like you were baiting for rednecks, LOL I thought you only shot at hippies.:D
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back