Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
336-336c

hello

can someone tell me the difference between a pp336 and a pp336c . what would the c denote?

thanks

hello

can someone tell me the difference between a pp336 and a pp336c . what would the c denote?

thanks

Strictly a "WAG" on my part, but the "C" might denote a saw with a Chain Brake. Many saws slated for the Canadian market had CB's whereas the same model here would not...(or it would be an option).

Just a guess. Someone more knowledgeable might be able to correct or expand upon that.

search does not work?

hey ya all are ya all having any problems with searching stuff? i have tried a few times today and it keep coming back with nothing?

O.K. someone set me straight. Of the "Micro's" produced over the years, was there one that was actually 38cc ?

(Deluxe Micro XXV).

Reading on the Acre's site...it seems they are all over the place with one being a 32cc, a 33cc and so on....

I can't really tell from the decals (or other features) of the saws pictured which one would be the 38cc version.

I think I'd like to have one...just to throw in the back of my truck for around the Ranch. I use my S25DA for that now...but I am getting ready to pretty much rebuild it and will probably retire it to limbing chores.

Are parts hard to find for the Micro's and will they hold up for just occasional use (cut up a small tree laying in the road).

The 2300AV and the 2300CVA were both 38cc.

I'm guessing here but believe they were 32cc. My understanding is that the S or Super on the 25's denoted 38cc's. I'm sure someone will come along and provide more precise info

Maybe, but I have not be able to confirm that and I kinda doubt it.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of the "Beaird Poulan" era saws.

I recognize the information might simply be incorrect, but I am seeing 32cc, 33cc and 38cc listed for various "micro" labeled saws.

Model Profile: Micro 25 (XXV)

Model Profile: Micro 25 Deluxe

Model Profile: Deluxe Micro XXV

Just curious if the last one is really 38cc.

The main difference in the micros is bar length.

The micro came with a 10" bar, the micro deluxe a 12" and the super deluxe a 14".

My 1985 IPL list the same cyl for all.

Like I said, to the best I can tell, all micros were 33cc except for the 2300's and some later Poulan Pros.

those aren't even the smallest of the old school. i just picked up a xx (model 20) that acres lists as a 30.5cc.

oh, and the 2300CVA is a hell of a runner - my most favorite casual saw.

The main difference in the micros is bar length.

The micro came with a 10" bar, the micro deluxe a 12" and the super deluxe a 14".

My 1985 IPL list the same cyl for all.

Like I said, to the best I can tell, all micros were 33cc except for the 2300's and some later Poulan Pros.

Thanks Mark, that makes sense.

The Acre's site is a great place to go...since so much is assembled there, but it is not without mistakes. As always...it pays to check your sources.

Thanks Mark, that makes sense.

The Acre's site is a great place to go...since so much is assembled there, but it is not without mistakes. As always...it pays to check your sources.

Yes it is a awsome site but like you say, it must be taken with a grain of salt.

Sad though when the mistakes are pointed out, they don't seem to ever get changed.

Micro Displacements

Yes it is a awsome site but like you say, it must be taken with a grain of salt.

Sad though when the mistakes are pointed out, they don't seem to ever get changed.

The original old Poulan Micro saws were all 2.0 cu in.

Later the Micros were made in 3 displacements (same basic saw):
1800 - 1.8 cu in. w/ unplated cylinder
2000 - 2.0 cu in. w/ unplated cylinder
2300 - 2.3 cu in. w/ unplated cylinder
2350 - 2.3 cu in. w/ chrome bore cylinder.

The original old Poulan Micro saws were all 2.0 cu in.

Later the Micros were made in 3 displacements (same basic saw):
1800 - 1.8 cu in. w/ unplated cylinder
2000 - 2.0 cu in. w/ unplated cylinder
2300 - 2.3 cu in. w/ unplated cylinder
2350 - 2.3 cu in. w/ chrome bore cylinder.

Paul, that was my point that all micros (micro on the side) were the same displacments. 31 or 33cc, I forget but like you said, all 2.0ci.

If I'm not mistaken the 2350 was a Canada only version with a chainbrake.

I agree. It should pull an 18in bar no problem. Did you check compression? If 125 or higher you may have Hi needle too lean. If you have a tach check rpms. Look for around 10500

Borrowed a comp tester, only pulled between 90-100psi. Is this acceptable or am I looking into some extra work....not that it bothers me.

Shea

It should be greater than 120 to be considered for normal running.

Hello guys, been on a camping trip with the grandkids.

Before I left I got a bit of a scare from the Poulan Pro 330 I built awhile back. It started idling strange then made a hell of a popping noise. I pulled the rope a few times and it felt as if it had lost all compression.

Some of you fellers may remember the build I posted here on AS about this saw. It has a pop-up piston and woods port. After a few tanks it was sitting at 220 psi.

After pulling the covers I twisted the plug wire to remove it only to find that the porcelain part of the plug was loose. That was the pop I heard!

Have any of you guys seen this before?

Hello guys, been on a camping trip with the grandkids.

Before I left I got a bit of a scare from the Poulan Pro 330 I built awhile back. It started idling strange then made a hell of a popping noise. I pulled the rope a few times and it felt as if it had lost all compression.

Some of you fellers may remember the build I posted here on AS about this saw. It has a pop-up piston and woods port. After a few tanks it was sitting at 220 psi.

After pulling the covers I twisted the plug wire to remove it only to find that the porcelain part of the plug was loose. That was the pop I heard!

Have any of you guys seen this before?

Yikes! Have not heard of that in many, many moons. Check to make sure no pieces were dropped into the combustion chamber ...

Back