Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
road kill

Found this guy on the side of the road today left out for the trash. It has a perfect piston, spark, and is only missing a chunk out of the muffler. Unfortunately it wont fire. I've never taken apart a reed valve setup, but I am gonna tear into it and put a rebuild kit in the carburetor.

A few questions,

Anyone know what size the fuel lines are in this thing? Gonna replace them while I am at it even though the originals are still on and in fair shape.

Any ideas what year this thing is from?

img_0032.jpg

img_0033.jpg

img_0034.jpg

This news on top of just hearing that a guy near here found a near-new MS361 in a ditch near an intersection!

Like I said in an earlier thread, all I ever find are dead mice. :bang:

Found this guy on the side of the road today left out for the trash. It has a perfect piston, spark, and is only missing a chunk out of the muffler. Unfortunately it wont fire. I've never taken apart a reed valve setup, but I am gonna tear into it and put a rebuild kit in the carburetor.

A few questions,

Anyone know what size the fuel lines are in this thing? Gonna replace them while I am at it even though the originals are still on and in fair shape.

Any ideas what year this thing is from?

Without looking it up I seem to think that about 1978-79 was when it was made to.

You need a piece of 3/16"ID x 5/16"OD line from the tank to the carb and a 1/8"ID x 3/16"OD for the in tank line. The .117ID x .211OD works well for the in tank line as well. It needs to come from the fuel fitting behind the center stud and then around to the right front corner in front of the center stud.

530019005 is the part # for the new tank gasket that you might need and the carb kit is a RK-23HS.

A guy just offered me what I think is a 306 for cheap. He says it runs good. Worth having?

Probably a stupid question in this thread......

Here it is, The fuel lines are completely rotton. I put a little mix down the carb and it fired up on about the fourth pull. Needs a chain, But i have one for it.

attachment.php

Fuel lines and carb rebuild is what's almost always wrong with these little gems if their found in non running condition. I've picked up alot of these little poulans in the past for 5-10 bucks and changed the lines to turn them into runners. Good little saws.

I had one just like it years ago, I run the heck out of it. Used it to delimb with and used a craftsman 3.7 to cut the other with. I killed it one day in the woods when i ran over it. Messed it up really bad. Never tried to fix it, It was old and i junked it.

A guy just offered me what I think is a 306 for cheap. He says it runs good. Worth having?

Probably a stupid question in this thread......

Now Chris...

The only stupid questions are...
...questions like the one you just asked. J/K my friend. If it turns out that it's "only" a 245 instead of a 306 (lower number means it's not as good), then I'll be a true friend and dispose of it for you. What a guy eh?:jester:

Latest posts

Back