Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, had to go out and shoot supper, this morning.:msp_biggrin: Today was the muzzle loading season opener. Not a wall hanger for sure. But will eat just as good!:tongue2:

:cheers:
Gregg,

Actually, they usually taste better, more tender.

Nice clean kill.

Nick

Jim, cant wait to see the 8500's! I have been trying to get one of those also. Long distance dealing sucks sometimes.

Quite a few of the covers on ebay right now and like Gregg says the bar studs on the 8500 are 3/8's. No problem to drill out a 4200-5400 cover to fit.

Thanks, Mark and Mike. I have been known to through good money after bad.:dizzy: LOL, So thought I better ck with someone who would know...before I bought a 72 link chain that wouldn't fit anything I had.

Gregg,

Damn that's a HUGE pdf. Thanks for the info. The Dayton, Wizard, and Sears model interchange info (regarding the Poulan equivelants) is worthless.

There I fixed it for you. Thats what I thought of that PDF file. All that did was group certain series of saws together not a model cross reference by any means.

As far as the mufflers go, that was even worse as it showed it grouped certain saws together just by the muffler types, that several different saws shared. No mention either that certain models of different types used different muffler styles as well.

Typical goverment produced stuff. I wonder if a million dollars of our tax money covered the production of that report?

It grouped a Poulan 5200 and a Echo 670 muffler together. LOL

There I fixed it for you. Thats what I thought of that PDF file. ...
so, the following isn't correct? small section of the sears # to poulan model from the pdf...
Sears Craftsman 358.356070 3000 (Poulan 3000)
Sears Craftsman 358.356280 3000
Sears Craftsman 358.356330 3000
Sears Craftsman 358.356331 3000
Sears Craftsman 358.354810 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.354811 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.354830 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.354831 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.354870 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.354871 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.356080 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.356081 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.356090 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.356091 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.356100 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.356101 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.357150 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.357210 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.357270 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.357280 3400
Sears Craftsman 358.358850 3400

Last edited:
There I fixed it for you. Thats what I thought of that PDF file. All that did was group certain series of saws together not a model cross reference by any means.

As far as the mufflers go, that was even worse as it showed it grouped certain saws together just by the muffler types, that several different saws shared. No mention either that certain models of different types used different muffler styles as well.

Typical goverment produced stuff. I wonder if a million dollars of our tax money covered the production of that report?

Certainly didn't intend to say the data was perfect or accurate, only a resource. Since you found it worthless, if you have a better or more accurate cross-reference, it seems a lot of folks would appreciate you posting it. Thanks in advance...

Does this surprise you?

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

Photo0197.jpg

I picked up a few Poulan 8500's then low and behold he pulled out a 5200 and said I had better take it also. Not to bad for $80, I will try to clean them up in the next week to see how many runners I will have. I spent most of the day dragging a tree up a hill.

Photo0195.jpg

Certainly didn't intend to say the data was perfect or accurate, only a resource. Since you found it worthless, if you have a better or more accurate cross-reference, it seems a lot of folks would appreciate you posting it. Thanks in advance...

hey man, I appreciate the effort posting what you found. like you said, nobody else seems to have tried that i have seen and it would be a great reference if someone had it to share.

I pulled all the poulan data out of the PDF that you sent like I showed in the above post, but for all the included brands, not just Sears. if you (or anyone else) would like a copy of THAT pdf or excel file, shoot me a PM.

vic

Photo0193.jpg

I picked up a few Poulan 8500's then low and behold he pulled out a 5200 and said I had better take it also. Not to bad for $80, I will try to clean them up in the next week to see how many runners I will have. I spent most of the day dragging a tree up a hill.

Jim, I would be tickled pink finding just ONE of those 8500's around here, let alone 3 of them and a 5200 to boot!
I guess living in PNW has its advantages when it comes to finding big saws.:msp_thumbsup:

Gregg,

Photo0193.jpg

Jim, I would be tickled pink finding just ONE of those 8500's around here, let alone 3 of them and a 5200 to boot!
I guess living in PNW has its advantages when it comes to finding big saws.:msp_thumbsup:

Gregg,

These finds are getting rare, not to many of these made it out of the great scrap trade where most of the saw shops traded their American muscle saws for a few cents a pound. I am far away from the coast where most of the big saws are, so it is a real treat to find these here.

The main problem is that while some of it is right, it is mostly grouped by series , muffler styles and not by individual models. Some folks not in the know will take some of this stuff to heart so thats what makes it worthless.

I mean for example, they list numerous Sears model numbers along with alot of the different miro variations all together so you have know way to know if you have a 2.0 or a 2.3 version etc.

Yes I do have some better cross references, put out by Poulan themselves but most is pretty early list and dont cover stuff after the dates they were printed of course.

I have given copies of these to other members here before, but there big files and cannot be posted here.

I know your intentions were good in posting this but it could do more harm then good to folks looking for cross references.

These finds are getting rare, not to many of these made it out of the great scrap trade where most of the saw shops traded their American muscle saws for a few cents a pound. I am far away from the coast where most of the big saws are, so it is a real treat to find these here.

What a haul, thats the ones I was looking for last week in WA! All I found while I was there was a Echo.
It was a good echo though. :ices_rofl:

Great scrap trade?

What is the story with that, what exactly happened? They just took big saws and dumped them for scrap? New saws? Or what?

Yes I do have some better cross references, put out by Poulan themselves but most is pretty early list and dont cover stuff after the dates they were printed of course.

I'm glad someone has some cross references. If you'd be so kind, I'd sure appreciate any cross reference to Poulan on these two:

Craftsman 3.3 CI (Model 358.356332) (I have no idea on this one)
Craftsman 3.7 CI (Model 358.356090) (USFS said Poulan 3600, but I'm sure you have better data)

Craftsman/Pouklan Models

Is there a reference to see which model Poulan my Craftsman 2.3 is?

Model Number is 35850851

jasper89

Latest posts

Back