Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a Poulan, but you seemed like the guys to share it with, and that would most appreciate it. I just love all the old saws at this GTG.

IMG_1367-L.jpg

IMG_1369-L.jpg

IMG_1368-L.jpg

IMG_1370-L.jpg

Poulan 65 worth fooling with

Browsing through a junk yard today and spied an old Poulan 65 (or so it says on the sticker), an old sandcast saw. Looks to be pretty much all there except an oil cap and some type of air filter?

I didn't look at it too long...since the really old saws don't interest me, but I was curious as to it's displacement and history. Not too much on them on the Acres site.

It had a bow saw bar on it.

Browsing through a junk yard today and spied an old Poulan 65 (or so it says on the sticker), an old sandcast saw. Looks to be pretty much all there except an oil cap and some type of air filter?

I didn't look at it too long...since the really old saws don't interest me, but I was curious as to it's displacement and history. Not too much on them on the Acres site.

It had a bow saw bar on it.

82cc, you should grab it if price was right.

Mrs. Blosser, Gregg, Lanny, Lori and Kevin, thank you so much for the work that you do every year to make us all feel so welcomed! The Poulan GTG is a must do for anyone who enjoys good people, scenery, food and saws. Here's a few I snapped.

Gregg and Mikey

DSC_0041.JPG

Lori and Kevin

DSC_0035.JPG

Encyclopedia Poulanica (AKA Mark)

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

Al and Jim

DSC_0034.JPG

Mark's fine saws....

DSC_0023.JPG

Folks, this Mall ran as nice as it looks. Apparently Brad has gone though every aspect of it's operation. The engine didn't miss a single beat.

It was amusing that brad could wrap the rope around the starter pulley and jerk for all he was worth, no one was holding the saw and it didn't move on the ground but the engine would start right up.

Certainly a beautiful work of art.

IMG_1370-L.jpg

John, his boy Brad (who's growing like a weed and soon to be a fine sawyer) and Al

DSC_0057.JPG

Gary getting ready to correct someone's grammar ;)

DSC_0031.JPG

Mikey tearing it up old school Poulan style

DSC_0029.JPG

Tim getting it done with a 2100. We don't discriminate at the Poulan GTG's

DSC_0039.JPG

Chris making short work of some big wood with the same saw.
DSC_0036.JPG

Andre the beast, sporting his Modified Mark built 5200

DSC_0042.JPG

Brad putting a little Husky through it's paces.

DSC_0061.JPG

A fat Canadian and a skinny Canadian

DSC_0026.JPG

Kevin's boo-boo (actually, was a lot worse than it looks)

DSC_0063.JPG

What it's all about

DSC_0059.JPG

Gtg

My first GTG. I had a fantastic time thanks to all who attended. I don't think I've ever spent a day with a nicer or more welcoming group before.

Gregg's set up was great, the weather was perfect the food was excellent.
I got to run some really neat saws.
Mark and Gary, thanks for having some first aid stuff on hand. No injuries at the GTG of much comsequence. Just a few cuts from stationery chains. A few of us left a little red DNA at Gregg's.

Thanks again Gregg and family for all the hard work you put into the GTG.
If you find a green folding chair with the carry bag hanging on the back, keep it warm for me for next time.

Tim

Latest posts

Back