Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best bunch of guys in one place on earth and hosted by the best guy on earth.

Agreed. I still had a cheesy smile on my face today, just thinking of what a good time I had yesterday. I don't know how it could have been any better. Hands down some of the finest people I have met on this earth, I feel like I have known you guys forever.

I want to say a heart felt thank you to everyone who made the trip to OUR Poulan GTG! :msp_wub:
Its you guys that make the GTG a success. A finer group of folks & (geezers) & saws can't be found! :msp_smile: I enjoy every minute of it! I will post some pics & vids over the next couple days. I'll just post this group pic for now.

PoulanGTG041_zps80746785.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

I'll get a few more pics up tomorrow.

What I learned at this GTG.

The Echo 610 twin is not a dog. It's not too heavy. It cuts with most 60cc saws in it's time. It's the smoothest saw I have ever run.

That Mike's ported saws blew me away.

That Canadians don't say "out or nice correctly" Mike gave me some lessons on how to say it in Kentucky dialect so the group won't laugh at me next year (if I can make anyone laugh I'm good to go). I practiced all the way home and will forget how to say them by next year (Geezer).
That bow saws are pretty practical units (Thanks Chris and Gary)

That I forgot to ask to run a BP655 and Gary's P65 (Damn!)

The drive was definitely worth it.

And,

What a great bunch, all of them.

And if Gregg has it next year, I'll be there.

Tim

He was mighty lucky the cookie caught on the helper handle

That's no joke. The look on my face in the video should be identified as stunned. My delayed reaction is because it was coming straight at me and I couldn't even tell that it was launched. Note to self, make sure cookie falls away from the chain.

This happened because the log was tipped back (due to everyone cutting cookies off the same side) and Jeff and I were still keeping the cuts parallel.

I was worried the tailstock was cracked or damaged, but not a single scratch. Guess it'll take a direct hit.

Chris B.

Chris and John cutting with Chris' monster two man cookie hurler.

I like this. Mark and I were talking that this saw needs a paint job, and now it has a name.

Best bunch of guys in one place on earth and hosted by the best guy on earth.

attachment.php

Hear Hear!

I am really irritated at myself for not making this gtg.

When I went to my first gtg I thought it was mainly about saws. And it is, but more importantly, it is about people. Good people. I have not met a better group of folks than I have met here on AS.

Great Pictures and videos guys, keep them coming!

:rock:

I want to say a heart felt thank you to everyone who made the trip to OUR Poulan GTG! :msp_wub:
Its you guys that make the GTG a success. A finer group of folks & (geezers) & saws can't be found! :msp_smile: I enjoy every minute of it! I will post some pics & vids over the next couple days. I'll just post this group pic for now.
Gregg,

Gregg, I wish I could do a better job of saying thanks to you for having it. I know there is so much work involved to make this thing such a success, and cant thank you enough for having it. This GTG for me is getting to be like a kid counting down the days to Christmas. :laugh:

That's no joke. The look on my face in the video should be identified as stunned. My delayed reaction is because it was coming straight at me and I couldn't even tell that it was launched. Note to self, make sure cookie falls away from the chain.

This happened because the log was tipped back (due to everyone cutting cookies off the same side) and Jeff and I were still keeping the cuts parallel.

I was worried the tailstock was cracked or damaged, but not a single scratch. Guess it'll take a direct hit.

Chris B.

I like this. Mark and I were talking that this saw needs a paint job, and now it has a name.

I am glad that cookie didn't make it past the tailstock, and no damage was done. Running that saw was one of the highlights of my day. You definitely made a friend for life letting me get to run that monster. Thanks for everything Chris, and letting me give that Homelite a home.

This was my 6th (and probably last) GTG of the year. Of them all this one is like family, I guess we spend enough time together on the forum we feel like we all know each other. I took 19 saws and need to cut down on that number next year.

Mark has gotten me motivated to work on my 610 twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Guys, I'm uploading the rest of the 37 videos. I don't know many of the model numbers. If you would please put a comment on youtube for that video, I'd like to correct the titles. Thanks for you help. And, thanks for letting me run so many of your saws:cheers:

PoulanGTG041_zps80746785.jpg

Gregg,

Gregg, all I can say is that you and your family are the best and that all the guys in this picture are some of the greatest people that I have ever met in my life. Bradley and I loved being there. Bradley told me that he was very happy because he has never ran so many saws in his life lol. Shawn told me that he will be back for sure and he was glad he had a chance to meet so many good people. BTW Kevin, Bradley said thanks for the saw again.

All you 610 lovers:msp_confused: My, my, my. And to thing that I had respect for you guys:taped: It's a sad, sad, day:cry::D:msp_biggrin:

Think of it Brad, a porter's special, 2 cylinders for the price of one. The marketing exposure alone has to be worth..... well maybe zero.
But think of hand porting two cylinders and making them identical.

Hear Hear!

I am really irritated at myself for not making this gtg.

When I went to my first gtg I thought it was mainly about saws. And it is, but more importantly, it is about people. Good people. I have not met a better group of folks than I have met here on AS.

Great Pictures and videos guys, keep them coming!

:rock:

I was disappointed that you didn't make it.

All you 610 lovers:msp_confused: My, my, my. And to thing that I had respect for you guys:taped: It's a sad, sad, day:cry:
D:msp_biggrin:
Well I don't know about all that. I'm not in love with it and I own it LOL.

Being it was the Poulan GTG,I wasn't even going to bring it bar had had several people ask me to bring it do they could try one out.

I think most would agree that in typical AS style, it has been given a bum rap around this forum. It cuts way better and its not as over weight as it's reputation around here would have the uneducated believing.

That said, I'm not really looking to move that saw but if the opportunity arose to trade it for a special Poulan presented itself,I wouldn't think twice about letting it go.

:

I ran that chainsaw and thought it was rather nice. It is not over weight and has fine power for it's displacement.

Latest posts

Back