Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the poulan/Craftsman bar /hand guard he is offering is from a 3700. my guess is 3700 piston/ cylinder also

actually that piston and cylinder are both questionable in my book. I would not expect them to last long.

You must be seeing more than I am. I only see some staining. No scoring. We can't see both sides of the piston however. This wholle thing is becoming a bigger issue than I intended.....

There is a Poulan pro super 380 on flea bay right now if anyone is interested.
You must be seeing more than I am. I only see some staining. No scoring. We can't see both sides of the piston however. This wholle thing is becoming a bigger issue than I intended.....

no issue here, with most of my ebay dealings i am skeptical when the item pictures do not show all angles. Pictures are free up to 12.

Well I went back and see this one now and that is definitely a thin ring piston. I only saw Brian's piston posted in the other links. Sorry about that.
I would say $32.00 was a pretty good buy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poulan-Countervibe-3400-Piston-Cylinder-Crankshaf-Fits-Craftsman-3-4-/331087487799?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=v6gw7OaPzRbGoDk4x0BN%2BaxeHG0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_101wt_1120

I agree..Looks like a 3700 or 4000 P/C to me also. Hard to really tell with the pics shown. A good view through the exhaust port would be nice too. The port is way wider on a 4000 than a 3400, but not so much on a 3700.

Gregg,

I need to work on my storage situation. I have a similar sized pile of saws of different brands, mostly Homelite's. I need to build some dedicated storage shelving for them. Right now I just have them piled up off the floor in various locations around the barn. I have pretty much stopped looking for saws because of my storage issues.
And this weather isn't helping. 6 below zero this morning. Froze my nads off working in the barn last night. Not good weather for building shelves.

Yup, i had to build three sets of shelves for my saws. I have the good KV shelving with the double brackets. i have 38 saws on one set of shelves and another with 15 or so, all of my sand cast saws are on the floor though, they are to heavy to put on shelves and me sleep good not thinking they would fall.

I blame this group for feeding me green (sometimes red) koolaid... ;)
Bought 3 more old mag green saws the past few weeks..
A nice clean 3400 followed me home to start it all off..all original
An ugly 5200 was next. The guy claims he had used it recently, but there's no way.. it needs tlc, but the good news is it blows a solid 150, and popped good on some mix trickled into the carb.
A super clean 4000 just got added tonight. I fought temptation as long as I could, but talked him down to a reasonable price.
Will get pics up of all 3 eventually.
After this cutting season, my red 3700 became my go to saw.
and yes, I blame you all ;)

I wish I could find the missing parts for my 3600 timbermaster. It blows 170psi.

need help with a pp4018.need to know what the screw adj. are on the carb on this saw. the neighbor kid ask me if i knew how to adj. the carb. never worked on a poulan but i figured this was the place to come. the saw seems to load up at wot.figured i'd start with carb adj. and go from there. thanks.

Steve
The adjustments are more than you would think. If I recall correctly, they are somewhere in the 2 turn open area. Keep opening the Lo needle until it throttles up correctly. Then you can set the Hi screw the usual way I.e. Just at the 4stroking area.

I need to work on my storage situation. I have a similar sized pile of saws of different brands, mostly Homelite's. I need to build some dedicated storage shelving for them. Right now I just have them piled up off the floor in various locations around the barn. I have pretty much stopped looking for saws because of my storage issues.
And this weather isn't helping. 6 below zero this morning. Froze my nads off working in the barn last night. Not good weather for building shelves.

Whut you talkin' ' bout Willis?

With a barn like that and a trailer full O' slabs, what is you waitin' fo?

8500 Poulan project - I went out on a limb & asked cowroy if he would like to get shed of his 8500 poulan that has the busted starter side case & he was. Thought I would put some feelers out if anyone had that part, kinda doubt it. Not sure I want to spring for both halfs new either. Before I try & repair this thought i would see if anyone maybe had something. I believe this is the same part from a 6900, 7700 saw? Thanks

8500 Poulan project - I went out on a limb & asked cowroy if he would like to get shed of his 8500 poulan that has the busted starter side case & he was. Thought I would put some feelers out if anyone had that part, kinda doubt it. Not sure I want to spring for both halfs new either. Before I try & repair this thought i would see if anyone maybe had something. I believe this is the same part from a 6900, 7700 saw? Thanks
That's what the IPL's say

You are correct.

Latest posts

Back