Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the owner's manual for that saw, and I see the vent in the parts list, but I can't tell where it goes in the saw (it's in the lower left of the diagram on that page in a "box", apart from the saw.)

Craftsman 358.351202

Scott in Penfield NY

That style tank vent comes through the top of the tank right beside the fuel line.
But that doesn't necessarily mean you have that tank.
As has been said before, if the tank has ever been replaced, it could have been replaced with the superceded tank.
There are only two that I know of, the brass plug in the side and the top style.
If you don't have two lines coming out of the fuel tank, you have the one with the brass plug in the side. (or possibly one that has been re-engineered)

Mike

DSCF3937 (Custom).JPG

Two lines from the top of the tank, the front for the vent and the rear is the fuel line to the carb.

Look close and you can see the white plastic barb fitting that the duckbill goes onto and how it is pulled up into the tank hole. 3/16"OD x 1/8"ID line is what you want to use.

Simple..

Thanks Guys. 1 of the 2700 I have is like what Mark has pictured & i believe the duck bill is in that one still. This 3.3 must have the side vent cause there is only one hole in the tank. I think I'm going to add the other hole & get the vent where a guy can work on it without a major tear down of the saw. Is there anything that goes on the end of the vent hose opposite the duck bill? Thanks again

Anyone interested in a Wizard 314 (Poulan 25 in orange drag)? It has been lingering at our shop for two years now. Came in with loose cylinder base nuts. Runs fine now, and not shredded too badly. The bar stud has been replaced with an Allen bolt, but the rest is proper. Repair ticket on it is about $45 plus actual shipping from 30179. I'll snap some pics if anyone is interested. Hit me up with a convo.

Anyone? Beuhler?
9yzynedu.jpg

he9uraja.jpg

The more I work on saws the less I seem to know. Got my 4000 going quite well. Bottom line though is if the air filter cover is on tight rpm's drop significantly. If I loosen the cover while the saw is running at wot, rpm's increase by around 500. In order to get rpm's the same with the cover tight the Hi needle is a little less than 3/4 open. Seems to me that's asking for trouble. Anyone have any ideas and am I too conscious about where the Hi needle is set.

It sounds like the air flow is being restricted when the top cover is sealed by cranking it down. I don't have a 4000 so I can't look and see if it could be anything unusual or it's the normal drop in air flow when it has to pass through the filter. Try another filter maybe and see what the results are.
3/4 turns sounds a little lean but every saw and carb is a bit different.
You could also try a carb off one of your other saws.

anybody here win the 8500 off the bay? I would like to try & get a picture of the starter side case where the one I picked up is broken, guess these things aren't worth what I thought:(

anybody here win the 8500 off the bay? I would like to try & get a picture of the starter side case where the one I picked up is broken, guess these things aren't worth what I thought:(

it is only worth what you will pay for it, it is not about the money, it is a passion for quality machinery from the past. What do you need for your 8500?

Ok Mark will do, thanks for the heads up!

This 8500 has the corner of the starter side case broke off, so it is missing where the top starter screw goes in & the top screw for the coil

I need a set of manuals for a poulan pro 4620 please. If you have a parts and a service manual or either on that would be great thank you.

I need a set of manuals for a poulan pro 4620 please. If you have a parts and a service manual or either on that would be great thank you.
Here are the owners manual and a parts list. I've not seen a service manual for these like I've seen for Husqvarnas and Stihls.

Scott in Penfield NY

Attachments

• IPL Poulan Pro pp4620av chainsaw.pdf
    110.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Poulan Pro 4620AV Instruction Manual PPOO2009_USen__545186802.pdf
    360.1 KB · Views: 3
The more I work on saws the less I seem to know. Got my 4000 going quite well. Bottom line though is if the air filter cover is on tight rpm's drop significantly. If I loosen the cover while the saw is running at wot, rpm's increase by around 500. In order to get rpm's the same with the cover tight the Hi needle is a little less than 3/4 open. Seems to me that's asking for trouble. Anyone have any ideas and am I too conscious about where the Hi needle is set.
Bob,
Just a thought, but the 4000 I have, had the high top filter cover with the front facing air inlets. There were a couple of tiny Phillips screws up inside,
that held the internal plastic baffle to the top. When I pulled them to clean it all up, it was packed with mud & crap up in there. My point is that there very well may be a restriction you can't see

Latest posts

Back