Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree on that one. If had not already bought a couple of saws myself recently I would have been interested my self.

I would prefer that 3000. But the 2 I have on the bench will do for now. They are still wating on me to get free time.
Grey bare bore 3.0 I call grey 3000 :laugh: and a 2700. The 3.0 might get the 335 with 3450 piston and the 2700 might get the ;).

*whistles* would ya look at that thing. Dang thing's got bass boat paint on it...Look at it sparkle! Ha! Great find on that one for sure...

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

The other pictures I saw Tim did not give the saw justice. Very nice glad you got it. Have you had time to check it out yet and see if it is a runner.
Not yet. Busy weekend here.
I suspect it needs a carb kit, air filter (I have), and fuel lines but they would get by nicely for a trial. The P&C are in nice shape and everything else looks perfect. I guess the only thing that might hang me up is the one way impulse valve for the oiler.

Hello experts.. I am being told that I need a new "Carb Throat" on this saw. Would this be the intake boot? Im guessing so but the better question is how do you get to it? I've had a few saws apart in my life but none like this one. Im down to having carb off but not sure where to go next. The sold plastic that the carb bolts too and also the air filter clips to seems to be a permanite fixture as part of fuel tank and handle right??? any help would be a blessing. I also was just told these 330's some had carb issue's also. Any words on that would be helpful. Im more concerned right now with getting this boot replaced and im not sure I have it tore down far enough or if I even can tare anything else out of the way to get to it..

Pics would help, we don't even know which saw you are talking about. If pics aren't possible at least a make and model number would give us a clue

Lee
He tossed "330" in there towards the end, so I'm assuming that's which model is question. But I don't have any experience with that one. There are a couple fellers here with that saw though.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Ok PAwrestling this is what you do on a 330.

You need to take all the anti vibe buffers loose and then separate the handle from the crankcase.
Pull the clutch cover off and take the screws out of the black tabs and then pry them out.
Then If I remember correctly there is another screw in the rubber buffer take them out also.
All the other anti vibe is obvious on how to take apart.

Once it is apart you can then replace the intake boot.

Yes its a Poulan Pro 330
If you don't have an IPL (illustrated parts list) that would be a big help.
You can download one here.
http://store.chainsawr.com/blogs/illustrated-part-lists/1119862-poulan-illustrated-part-lists

I don't own one but I've heard that the impulse lines are bad on these saws. It may not be your boot.
If you look at page 2 on the IPL it's #10. You need to remove the same stuff to replace the impulse line as you would to change the boot.

Anyone have a 2700,thru 3000 top cover and filter cover for trade? Have a 2700 long block that has a very good P&C willing to trade.
Bob

I could pull a top cover and air filter cover off a runner if needed. I can only run 1 saw at a time when needed.

See if we can find just extras 1st. Which top cover, one with holes for hand guard or one with hand guard on handle with no holes?

I could pull a top cover and air filter cover off a runner if needed. I can only run 1 saw at a time when needed.

See if we can find just extras 1st. Which top cover, one with holes for hand guard or one with hand guard on handle with no holes?
Good point. Hadn't thought of that as I have a 2700, 2800, 3000 and 3300.

Back