Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok PAwrestling this is what you do on a 330.

You need to take all the anti vibe buffers loose and then separate the handle from the crankcase.
Pull the clutch cover off and take the screws out of the black tabs and then pry them out.
Then If I remember correctly there is another screw in the rubber buffer take them out also.
All the other anti vibe is obvious on how to take apart.

Once it is apart you can then replace the intake boot.
thanks 3000 ill give her a shot.

Is your winter over? I couldn't believe that we went from 70 deg on Monday to 30 deg today and snow. WTF. Must be global warming again.
Doesn't quite feel like it for me here. I'm sure it's worse for some of you guys though. Was mid 70's here and currently it's 41F with a low of 30. Been raining off and on all day. Think we missed the heaviest stuff. People not too far from here saw snow mixed in with the rain. Just to think, it was almost dry...:( Now gotta wait even longer to plow. Hopefully the small plot of garden that's already in won't get bit tonight. Probably have to go cover stuff up here after while when I load the firebox.

On a side note...any of you fella's happen to know where I could stumble across a fuel cap for my 455 by chance? The one that was on it when I picked it up was all kinds of swole up. :mad:

If you got it off in one piece I heard that putting it in the freezer for an extended period will shrink it down. If that doesn't work, try Arrowhead over on the Pioneer forum.
I think t's wise to store the saw with no mix in it and with the fuel cap unscrewed and hanging there.

Yeah, it wasn't seated all the way down. Didn't really pay it no mind until I got it home and went to dump the old mix out. The cap was sticking about half of the way out...and not budging. Had to get a wrench to get it off. Luckily it came off in one piece with no damage to the threads on cap or saw. The cap on the 655 fits perfectly. I stuck it in the freezer for a day or so, but that didn't seem to help it too much. Maybe longer is the trick. I was looking over some stuff on the Pioneer thread and there was a few things mentioned. I shot Ed a PM, but haven't heard anything back yet. Figured I'd run it by you guys as well. I've heard that about storage M.O. Think I'll start doing that too. 'Preciate it Tim!

Caps will swell. All my saws are runners and occasionally I have to swap caps from my parts bin. Till they swell then I put another cap on. Keep them in a rotation. After a week or so they seem to shrink

Just so you know. To just replace impulse you dont need to undo anything beside impulse line. I do it like that all the time.

I've learned to feed it through and use long forceps.
Thanks for the info.. Any guidance to where a good place is to order parts for this saw?

I've had this "swelling gas cap" issue with a couple of saws. Two older Pioneers and a couple of newer Poulans. I think it is the ethanol in the fuel that's doing it. I've found that they do shrink back if allowed to dry out. Obviously some type of chemical reaction.
Not many bargains up my way to feed my CAD lately

:laugh:
If you got it off in one piece I heard that putting it in the freezer for an extended period will shrink it down. If that doesn't work, try Arrowhead over on the Pioneer forum. I think t's wise to store the saw with no mix in it and with the fuel cap unscrewed and hanging there.

Send that gas cap over to the IRS folks for a while, they sure shrank my wallet yesterday!

If you don't have an IPL (illustrated parts list) that would be a big help.
You can download one here.
http://store.chainsawr.com/blogs/illustrated-part-lists/1119862-poulan-illustrated-part-lists

I don't own one but I've heard that the impulse lines are bad on these saws. It may not be your boot.
If you look at page 2 on the IPL it's #10. You need to remove the same stuff to replace the impulse line as you would to change the boot.
thanks guys... where would i go for these parts any suggestions

Back