Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if ya don't mind, what went for 3k?

A very modded 3120 with non stock stroke etc and pipe. ;) Even the bar was made to order of the builder Cliff Helsel.

CopyofCL3120003.jpg

CopyofCL3120002.jpg

A very modded 3120 with non stock stroke etc and pipe. ;) Even the bar was made to order of the builder Cliff Helsel.

CopyofCL3120003.jpg

CopyofCL3120002.jpg
thanks... id think including the saw theres quite a bit more than 3 in it... new "walkerized" 3120 abt $1800. no bar... cannons are made not too far from me, I heard... nice one on that...

Question fellows.

Picked up this used oil pump as I am having troubles with my oilers in my Canadian 3400's. Went to swap it and two major differences. There are no threads on the outlet hole on the pump to accept the compression nut on the tubing. That stumps me. As well, there is a set screw in the housing that appears to open/close internally - adjustable? Before I tap that outlet to accept the compression nut any thoughts? I haven't seen enough of these pumps to know if there were different versions. In fact I've only seen the two on my rebranded Poulans and they are exactly as outlined in the service manual and clearly different than this one.

image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks guys - Cory

Question fellows.

Picked up this used oil pump as I am having troubles with my oilers in my Canadian 3400's. Went to swap it and two major differences. There are no threads on the outlet hole on the pump to accept the compression nut on the tubing. That stumps me. As well, there is a set screw in the housing that appears to open/close internally - adjustable? Before I tap that outlet to accept the compression nut any thoughts? I haven't seen enough of these pumps to know if there were different versions. In fact I've only seen the two on my rebranded Poulans and they are exactly as outlined in the service manual and clearly different than this one.

View attachment 355056 View attachment 355057

Thanks guys - Cory
That looks like an older 3400 adjustable oil pump. If so there should be an opening under the saw to adjust the screw. Not sure hoe effective the adjustable oilers were as they stopped producing them. Don't believe I've seen a pump w/o a threaded hole for the output line. Have several here. May check just for yucks.

All 3 have different part #s on them, the two new body's are the same but have different part #S

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I had one that had a pressed in fitting for that compression fitting and nut. It had come out. I just put some Motoseal on it and pressed it back in.
Cory, it may be inside the oil tank. You might want to rinse it out with gas to see if it is in there.

Homelite to Poulan parts cross over, it is amazing how many parts will interchange between Poulan & Homelite. Does anyone have a cheat sheet for this? I know some of you guys know a few of them.

I've managed to track down a supplier in BC for diaphragm membrane material. The material is 0.017" nylon reinforced nitrile. I know Tim placed an order awhile back in an effort to remedy the ailing impulse oil pumps on the 3400-4000 series saws. It works well.

I wanted to let you fellows spread the word in case you are in need of more or didn't get in on the first round. I don't know my saws well enough to know what other saws run similar impulse pumps but I imagine the material will work. There is no minimum order as long as a complete strip is cut from the 56" wide roll. This might be more convenient than square feet?
I inquired if she would fill a bunch of orders and ship individually, but she is not set-up this way.

More membrane means you'll will have to buy more saws to fix though. I know I've my eyes on a nice 4000 that really needs to be in the back of my truck. I am just waiting for the darn price to come down...

Cory

I've managed to track down a supplier in BC for diaphragm membrane material. The material is 0.017" nylon reinforced nitrile. I know Tim placed an order awhile back in an effort to remedy the ailing impulse oil pumps on the 3400-4000 series saws. It works well.

I wanted to let you fellows spread the word in case you are in need of more or didn't get in on the first round. I don't know my saws well enough to know what other saws run similar impulse pumps but I imagine the material will work. There is no minimum order as long as a complete strip is cut from the 56" wide roll. This might be more convenient than square feet?
I inquired if she would fill a bunch of orders and ship individually, but she is not set-up this way.

More membrane means you'll will have to buy more saws to fix though. I know I've my eyes on a nice 4000 that really needs to be in the back of my truck. I am just waiting for the darn price to come down...

Cory
Would you be willing to share the contact.

Back