Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF2408.JPG
When you get the low adjusted where you want then go back and check the high also.

Roger,
Your avatar inspired me. I built a shelf. Now all I have to do is finish getting them moved over. That's one's 8 ft long. I have room for a 12 footer on the other side. If that fills I will have to move, likely by myself. Maybe I'll sort them by Poulan and off brands.

View attachment 371072

Roger,
Your avatar inspired me. I built a shelf. Now all I have to do is finish getting them moved over. That's one's 8 ft long. I have room for a 12 footer on the other side. If that fills I will have to move, likely by myself. Maybe I'll sort them by Poulan and off brands.

If you were a chick I think I would ask you to be my second wife for your saws!

Well here's a few pics of my $30 3400 I picked up today. Kinda rough, handle is bent pretty bad muffler is bent and it needs a few things. Piston and cylinder look ok and it will run but I think what I'm going to do instead of dumping some money into it is I'm going to take the spikes off it and put it on my other 3400 and keep the piston and cylinder in case I need one down the road, keep the bar and chain and sell the rest of the parts on ebay so I have some cash for more saws:)

20140930_190750.jpg

20140930_190839.jpg

20140930_190811.jpg

I can't seem to find a picture anywhere of a 3400 like this, is this a different version or just have some different model parts on it?

So my brother in law and father in law both run Stihl's and Poulan's. The past few years when getting firewood with them, I didn't have a saw so I always split
and helped stack which I was fine with. Sometimes I'd use their saws. So after picking up and kind of rebuilding my first saw this last August, a Stihl 038 AV, I
now have 5 saws all Stihl and Poulan's. I really like the Stihl's I have and thought that was the brand I was going to stick with, but the more I'm on here and the
more I look at all the Poulan's, I think I really like them more! Just something about them and that green! Anyway, just wanted to post that and share, so thanks
to all you in this thread for helping me out with info and questions.

This picture is over a year old and needs to be updated, here are some of my large Countervibes.

BigPoulanfamily2_zps5caa6336.jpg

Back