Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have good news for the 54'cc pistons. The cylinder on the 3450 had a stamped part number that does not show up anywhere on an internet search ( 530053464) and not on any of the 4 above IPL's. Out of curiosity I take a better look at the 3450 piston and find a completely different part # that is also not documented on any of the IPL's. I run the number and do a cross reference to the find 2 places that may have the piston in stock for cheap. I have a request sent to both places to see how many they have in stock. If there are plenty to go around I'll post the info.

Started the clean up and inspection on the Craftsman 2.3 AV and found a loose bolt that holds the cylinder on and looked like the gasket may have moved so I decided to take it off. Cylinder and piston both looked really good with just some carbon build up. Will have to pick up some gasket material tomorrow, rebuild the carb, replace the fuel lines, and see if it runs.

DSCN2566.JPG 20160221_161507.jpg 20160221_170612.jpg

@redunshee

46.3mm right. Here's my "hope it works option" if you are not going to use the saw that much. How bad is the scoring on the piston? The rings, poulan 530030176, are only $3 and available.

I pick up a 2300 that was scored and did not want to dump much more money in it, so cleaned up the p/c and put in a new ring. It probable does not have the greatest compression but it cut wood.

Craftsman 3.3/3300 piston 530069547 = Poulan 3450 piston 530069547 , PP335 piston 53001098 ( basically the same saw as craftsman 3.3 or 3300)

From what I am seeing - all are replaced by 530071321 which is the PP330. = all 54cc saws and the same piston.

There was the red 335 that was made factory using the single ring 330 3450 piston. ;) Called Predator 335

Poulan 330 3450 pistons were everywhere last time I bought them.

Info we dug up 2014. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-predator-335/

There was the red 335 that was made factory using the single ring 330 3450 piston. ;) Called Predator 335

Poulan 330 3450 pistons were everywhere last time I bought them.

Info we dug up 2014. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-predator-335/

Thanks, missed that one. They are cool looking saws. I just saw one on Craigs in another state a while back.

I see the pistons in a few places. They are anywhere from starting in the $20's and way up from there. The 2 places that I found the basically unpublished piston part # are under. I may call the places tomorrow instead of waiting for an email reply.

I may have good news for the 54'cc pistons. The cylinder on the 3450 had a stamped part number that does not show up anywhere on an internet search ( 530053464) and not on any of the 4 above IPL's. Out of curiosity I take a better look at the 3450 piston and find a completely different part # that is also not documented on any of the IPL's. I run the number and do a cross reference to the find 2 places that may have the piston in stock for cheap. I have a request sent to both places to see how many they have in stock. If there are plenty to go around I'll post the info.

Strike out on both places . But found one more place that has it listed for $7.69 - it must be just the piston not the kit.

There was method behind my madness. I may have found an alternative to a the the Poulan 3540 46mm piston which can be hard to find. After researching with the thought of Husky and Poulan being related via Electrolux, a Husky 55 piston might just work. Both saws have the same stroke of 32mm and from what I'm seeing the wrist pin bearings on both are 13mm which makes it compatible with the Poulan connecting rod.

The thing that I can't find is the length of 55 piston cut outs in the skirt length, total length of skirt, the crown to ring measurements and crown to pin. A 1.4 mm less the whole way around the length of the entire skirt and cut outs should be only about 5* change in timing numbers which is negotiable. Anything more will be a problem. If lengths are too long - fix with a Dremel. The crown to center of pin and crown to ring measurement are another story.

There are quite a few on evil bay for less than $15 shipped.

What are your thoughts?
Buy one...see if it works... :D sorry

Gregg,
I did order the piston kit for fun. $6.99 shipped. Ordered on 2/18 showed up in NY yesterday so I should have by the end of the week. If it does not work not a huge loss and will be a fun target at 1oo yards with the 22.

What are you guys paying for a quart of automotive mixed paint these days? Sub lime?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Gave one of the 54ccer's some love - opened intake and exhaust to 60% of the skirt- did not want to go too far on my first grinding. Lowered the intake by 7*, advanced the timing by 6*. ( had some guidance on numbers from one of the builders) and port matched the muffler. I had it back together and running a couple weeks ago but decided to pull it apart to clean up the ports a bit and give better bevel in the bore. I cant wait to get it in wood. The thing spools up crazy quick. I have almost identical 3.3's and want to run the head to head just to see if there is a difference. There is a new 10 piece set of tungsten carbide burrs on their way.

DSCN0721.JPG DSCN0722.JPG

started to put seals in my 401 today and discovered one of the clutch shoes is broken. anyone got one they'd part with? its part no. 2376, same as the 361. thanks for checking. jerry
Does your clutch have 4 or 6 shoes?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

a96bc5cdce766f31260d43d537bec99d.jpg

c878509ec929c71ce7a923af1fd93d6f.jpg

This one is just passing through my hands unfortunately.
Headed out tomorrow as part of a trade deal.
Blowing 175# compression cold though!
Healthiest one I've had to date!

Back