Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAD ? not on this one. ( or not ) I do need a manual tho any one have a PDFView attachment 507256

Nice score! I see Poge directed you to the IPL's.

I will PM you a Pioneer manual for the large PX1 series plus the Poulan 405 -655 repair manual which compliment each other.

The IPL's call for a WJ-38 carb.

Ended up with a poulan 3400 for cheap has spark and 120psi so I ordered fuel line and carb kit, air filter and plug. Anything else I need to look at on this saw. Has a 20in bar I plan on running do they have good power for that mostly cut groves that farmers pushed trees over

Ended up with a poulan 3400 for cheap has spark and 120psi so I ordered fuel line and carb kit, air filter and plug. Anything else I need to look at on this saw. Has a 20in bar I plan on running do they have good power for that mostly cut groves that farmers pushed trees over

Make sure the oilers, manual and auto are working. I think you have it covered. Good durable saws. Compression is usually in that area.

Still looking for a 60 or better cc saw, what would be the best for the money?
Used my 440 husky ovey weekend on a big Bradford pear. I'm still disappointed with its power. My 1997 ps33 homelight got more tail than that. Not sure I'll buy another husqvarna.

Something Wrong there! Maybe need to sharpen the chain.

Carb ? Acres list Walbro WJ this has SDC Any differance idol is fine but wide open it's starving or bogs down anyway

Mine has the WJ. Any chance you have the SDC-53 equipped? Regardless, many of those SDC's use a common check valve assembly on the main jet. The check is the capillary (fabric?) type. I ran into a problem with one on a XL-76. Slower to return to idle and not being able to effectively richen at WOT. Symptomatically lean. The check sits on some small bosses in the bottom of the casting. It should check at idle, keeping air from being drawn into the idle circuit and open on vacuum to feed. It had become misshapen and hardened. It functioned poorly for both tasks. You can check these somewhat by pulling the Welch and blowing gently with a piece of fuel line sealed against the assembly. It should pass with pressure and check with vacuum. If you are going full kit, plugs and all, I would test it.

Not suggesting this is the cause, but it made a world of difference when I swapped out for a new one.

Walbro PN 86-523

Does anyone know what Poulan model corresponds to the Craftsman 358.351701? It has an emission control information sticker which claims EPA 2011 compliance and 42CC.

Also, would this saw be worth putting any money into? It has some power when cold but not when warm, so I'm thinking it may need a carb rebuild or so.

Does anyone know what Poulan model corresponds to the Craftsman 358.351701? It has an emission control information sticker which claims EPA 2011 compliance and 42CC.

Also, would this saw be worth putting any money into? It has some power when cold but not when warm, so I'm thinking it may need a carb rebuild or so.

I had one of those to fix. 3816 poulan but really 42cc . One I did just needed carb adjusted. Way out of wack from factory. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/craftsman-358-351701-38cc/

Two more popped up just yesterday..., both in Dayton colors. One is even a PowerSharp version. Looks like one is a 245 and the other a 306 from the lousy pics. One is really close to me, but I can't justify the $$$ for either of em...both in the $60~$70 range. Wish I could just for the mufflers and a few other parts for my 245A!

Next time drive the 190 miles south and visit Nate and I!
Gtg in north Idaho Saturday..

I definately need to do that Shawn, regardless of a GTG. Speaking of which, I totally forgot about. Lots of time off in the summer though. I might have a couple of saws to run too. Maybe even three - lol.

Mine has the WJ. Any chance you have the SDC-53 equipped? Regardless, many of those SDC's use a common check valve assembly on the main jet. The check is the capillary (fabric?) type. I ran into a problem with one on a XL-76. Slower to return to idle and not being able to effectively richen at WOT. Symptomatically lean. The check sits on some small bosses in the bottom of the casting. It should check at idle, keeping air from being drawn into the idle circuit and open on vacuum to feed. It had become misshapen and hardened. It functioned poorly for both tasks. You can check these somewhat by pulling the Welch and blowing gently with a piece of fuel line sealed against the assembly. It should pass with pressure and check with vacuum. If you are going full kit, plugs and all, I would test it.

Not suggesting this is the cause, but it made a world of difference when I swapped out for a new one.

Walbro PN 86-523
I did as you told me and it's a runner Thanks .
Carb is a walbro 21-85 SDC low side 1 1/4 high side 2 1/2 thinking of a kit But may just look for a WJ
going to run it for now.
Thank you

Back