Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New dumpster find this morning on the way to work, had to make a fast u turn to get it, a Poulan 2000. Just got done checking it over. Someone had replaced the fuel lines and cleaned and install a carb kit, but they put the diaphragm in backwards. Runs good, plus has a nice looking Windsor roll top bar and chain, their lose my gain.

Steve

I know this has been asked before but I'm looking for AM seals for a couple of 3400's I picked recently. The first one to get running changes idle speed in different positions. The man I bought these two from has a lumber mill bat as ghe said" He can't be doing with these crappy Poulan saws" The fist one I tried fired right up on new gas comp about 125psi piston looks great. The chain brake is broken so no chain adjuster but the one from the 2nd unit works fine. may just get a clutch cover for one of them.

The first one has unfortunately lost some cooling fins around the rear right of the cylinder. Not sure if it's enough to endanger operation. Second one needsfuel lines and maybe a carb kit

Lol crappy saws. My hind leg!!!
Give me a few hrs with a poulan and I'll hang with any brand in that cc class!

Somehow I lost the woodruff/flywheel key for my other 245A (actually a 245A/306 hybrid). Will one of those harbor freight assortment sets have the right size key in there? Or should I take the crank down to my local Napa? Do they make woodruff keys out of different materials? (I know with *some* Briggs engines, you're supposed to use a steel flywheel key, with the majority of others it's something softer. Or maybe vice versa?)

Anyway... thoughts?

Somehow I lost the woodruff/flywheel key for my other 245A (actually a 245A/306 hybrid). Will one of those harbor freight assortment sets have the right size key in there? Or should I take the crank down to my local Napa? Do they make woodruff keys out of different materials? (I know with *some* Briggs engines, you're supposed to use a steel flywheel key, with the majority of others it's something softer. Or maybe vice versa?)

Anyway... thoughts?
I may have that NOS

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Poulan Pro 325 equivalents?
It is my understanding that the PP 325 the JRed 490 and the Partner 5000 are all the same saw.

Are there any more saws that are equivalents to the PP 325???

Thanks
David

I have a couple parts saws. I'll check to see ifvI have one.
Hi redunshee,

thanks for looking! if I can get everything looking good as new on this saw it will make both my wife and I happy. The wife because it was one of her grandfathers tools, me because I'll have another saw complete :rock:

Fossil:
Thanks. Dont think I have ever heard of a Partner 540.
About 20 years back my Dad gave me a Partner 500. It set under a work bench for most of 10 years.
He said if I could get it running it was mine.
Got it out and with a bit of minor repair it was running.
However, it had (what must have been an air leak) and leaned out and cooked the piston.
I sold it for $25.00.:( Did not know any better.:(
Anyway... Would like to have another saw of that type.
Was hoping to build it from parts.

Thanks
David

Tim, is replacing the fuel line on this just like on a Poulan 245A or 306A?

Fossil:
Thanks. Dont think I have ever heard of a Partner 540.
About 20 years back my Dad gave me a Partner 500. It set under a work bench for most of 10 years.
He said if I could get it running it was mine.
Got it out and with a bit of minor repair it was running.
However, it had (what must have been an air leak) and leaned out and cooked the piston.
I sold it for $25.00.:( Did not know any better.:(
Anyway... Would like to have another saw of that type.
Was hoping to build it from parts.

Thanks
David

There is a 540 and I think it is very similar to the 5500.

Those 500 / 5000 saws are very fast 49cc saws. I fixed one up for a friend as a thank you and he loves it. Burning those saws up was a very common problem. I think it may have been that little rubber tubular "cylinder to carb adapter" hose that failed.

Latest posts

Back