Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool I wondered what a wild thing 505 was

LOL

Just having fun with them. Make my own stickers for everything I make up.

wildthings001_zps6018f950.jpg

I told ya my memory was bad lol. I do remember the unlimited coil made absolutely no difference on the 505's in stock form.

I never ran a 505 limited. I pull them as soon as I get them in.

Now my 475 I ran limited. It was horrible. limited to just over 10K. My stock 3120 was same way. IMO the saws both ran way better once unlimited and tuned the way I like. 3120 I didnt have any choice being I had no H but the extra rpm was noticed in the cuts and when checked wot with tach.

You could probly win some cash with that wild thing on some cutting bets then drag that monster out and there jaws drop

I was stoked I grabbed the 2 3400s and 4000, all with bars, for $50. Both 3400s are pushing 145# cold, and 4000 was at 150 on 3rd pull before the damn starter rope broke (seriously, who uses clothesline as starter rope??)
I'm gonna pull the mufflers today and check top end conditions of the top ends.

I got my 4000 from my uncle, he wound up with a husky 359, he needed a limbing saw so I traded him my stihl 009 for the 4000 straight up. I love mine he loves his, win-win. But he bought that saw new and cut wood with it every year. That saw has cut more wood than most saws on here combined. It still has 150psi and perfect bore. The quality and simplistic design of that series of saws IMO cannot be beat. By any brand

There ain't nothing wrong with a 3400 either I got two some of them have been running to hell and back

You're in hardwood territory.
I run 20" on my 3700, and would on a 3400 around here too.
All softwood. Not the fastest, but more than enough torque to muscle through it.
Oh, one 3400 and the 4000 both have rim drives on them

I got a Poulan 4218 for $2. Apparently hasn't cut much but was fueled with corn and left sit over the winter and spring with fuel in the tank. Never worked on one so am pretty ignorant about them. Took carb off and there's another flap valve attached. What is this? Anyone got any ipl and SM for one of this? What should I be looking for. Plan to flip it

Latest posts

Back