Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2f95958041d00aa45e72f12bbee4533e.jpg
What is this in real life?

Brian

Built-in power sharp they called it took the tops off the tooth instead of the inside hook. They didn't catch on mostly bc they sucked

Just scored a Pro 405, don't even know what size it is. $40CAD which is about $5 USD it seems. OK I just looked it up and it's 65cc, pretty dirty so we will see if it's all there shortly

Wow just popped the muffler and I'm a happy camper!! Hopefully it will have spark! Yes Damn it has spark! I don't think the de-comp is working have to look into that.

Also got a straight shaft Echo strimmer that runs for a further $40.00 in the same deal.

Nice score Lee. I think the 405 may have been the rarest of that series.

Looking forward to pics.

One of the saws picked up last week turned out to be a pro 365. I have a new piston and cylinder for it as well as all the gaskets. It's apart now I received it that way. question is this particular model worth my time as a winter project to put all back together since everything is there or do I just part out? Anyone have a 365 and how does it compare to other saws in its size range? 60ccs?

Nate told me about those, and I almost choked...
I was hoping they'd hang around another week so I could gather them up.
I hate losing saws from under my nose! Great score, and you suck!

I'm pretty excited that they are both full wrap handle saws. I don't own any full wrap Poulans yet. I'm really hoping the P&Cs are in good shape. They definitely look used, but we'll see how everything looks and how their compression tests out soon. I obviously want both to be good runners but I'm willing to use the best parts from both to bring one back to its full glory.

As an aside, has anyone used Lil Red Barn for pistons & rings? They advertise that they are NOT made in China or Taiwan, but they don't seem OEM either? Are these quality parts?

One of the saws picked up last week turned out to be a pro 365. I have a new piston and cylinder for it as well as all the gaskets. It's apart now I received it that way. question is this particular model worth my time as a winter project to put all back together since everything is there or do I just part out? Anyone have a 365 and how does it compare to other saws in its size range? 60ccs?

These saws are at the top of the 60cc poulan saws right along with the 3750 and 380. The only difference is the simple stuff like the carb, intake boot, top covers and air filter. Reliable saws that run very well. I prefer them and the 3750 over the 3700-375. Lighter and more rpm.

I'm pretty excited that they are both full wrap handle saws. I don't own any full wrap Poulans yet. I'm really hoping the P&Cs are in good shape. They definitely look used, but we'll see how everything looks and how their compression tests out soon. I obviously want both to be good runners but I'm willing to use the best parts from both to bring one back to its full glory.

As an aside, has anyone used Lil Red Barn for pistons & rings? They advertise that they are NOT made in China or Taiwan, but they don't seem OEM either? Are these quality parts?
I bought a piston kit last year for a 3400, piston looked good, but I had had to stake the wrist pin bearings in, bearing not tight in bore and had to reuse old pin also, too small for rod. Rings looked good. Other than that I've been running it with no problems so far.

Steve

Easiest saw in the world to work on.

This one has been down to bare split cases. Also has the big 137 nos carb and big intake now too.

pp365hda137 002.JPG

What years were these "black label" 4000s? Were these the final run of 4000s? I tried to pick one up a few weeks ago but missed on it.

Back