Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, bent one pawl slightly. It bent back. I stopped when I started hitting fins. There is a reason that I use screws over nails in my wood projects....

I am afraid to hit it too hard from the side for fear of damaging the bearings. I probably am not hitting it hard enough. It isn't in my nature to bash things. :badpc:

Also, I am not sure about the oil lines, they aren't in the ipl, so I didn't order them.
I will see how they feel. Is there an oil filter too?

I always use a small 5-6" pry bar behind the FW and case to apply pressure behind the counterweight side on saws that a puller is not easy to use. I wiggle the end that makes a right angle into place so that it stands parallel to the crank. I lay the saw so the FW is facing up. I set/tape another nut on top of the one threaded on the crank. The correct socket and extension should keep you proud of the flywheel. It is easy to push out on the pry bar and develop some good pressure. Simultaneously apply a couple smacks with a 2 lb. hammer on the extension.

I prefer to not directly strike the nut/end of the crankshaft with the hammer. It can damage the end of the nut and/or crankshaft if you end up needing to pull the flywheel several times.

Most of you will probably think I'm stupid, but I don't care. I tried to sell my Husqvarna 2100 and wasn't having much luck so I traded it for a Poulan 5200 because I wanted one again after selling all mine. We traded power heads and here are a couple pictures after I got it yesterday and put a bar/chain on. This will actually get used more that my 2100 did.

View attachment 532514
View attachment 532515
View attachment 532516
Nate, the way I always look at trades is....as long as both parties are happy it's a win for both of you.

I've been kinda keeping an eye out for a 3450/3750. But don't know the in's and out's of them.
Can one of you guys give me a quick lesson on them.
Just I have an idea what I'm looking at.

I've been kinda keeping an eye out for a 3450/3750. But don't know the in's and out's of them.
Can one of you guys give me a quick lesson on them.
Just I have an idea what I'm looking at.

Specific reason why thoes?

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Specific reason why thoes?

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl
They have a two piece mag case and most parts are still available and cheap.
I have lots of Pro saws, just wanted something a little different to mess around with.

Stupid question, I was planning to split then wash so everything would be dried out good for reassembly. If I don't split the case, how do I keep the crankcase and crankshaft area dry? It needs washed around there too.

Back