Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's on the bench these days guys? i have a P51F that i will be putting together once the 2 remaining parts get here. The saw looks to be very clean. I also have 4000, 401A, 245A, 2300, etc i have playing with as well. i also have 6 oak trees needing to be dropped and cut up but just have not found the time yet.
I know it's the wrong thread,but would love to see pics of your p-51f when it's done.

Hey thanks. Guy said it runs great but needs a new chain. Then he gave me a funny story that it has an 18.25 inch bar not a standard 18 inch. And since its not standard 18 inch you can only get chains by having sears special ordering them. I just kept my mouth shut because I didn't know how to respond to that one. I gave the guy $75 so I think I can swing a new chain for it.

what's on the bench these days guys? i have a P51F that i will be putting together once the 2 remaining parts get here. The saw looks to be very clean. I also have 4000, 401A, 245A, 2300, etc i have playing with as well. i also have 6 oak trees needing to be dropped and cut up but just have not found the time yet.
I fell off the Poulan wagon with the prices on ebay out of my reach. so I picked up a Jonsereds 80 / 90 top end
recoil spring broke on the 2 pull 130lbs saw came with 404 so I picked new bar and chain
and 3/8 7 tooth and 8 tooth see witch way I like it
got out bid on a 505 at a local auction . went for $ 200 and I didn't know know if it ran so was not for me

Hey thanks. Guy said it runs great but needs a new chain. Then he gave me a funny story that it has an 18.25 inch bar not a standard 18 inch. And since its not standard 18 inch you can only get chains by having sears special ordering them. I just kept my mouth shut because I didn't know how to respond to that one. I gave the guy $75 so I think I can swing a new chain for it.

They do have an odd size. 66 drive links 3/8 .050, tractor supply has "countyline" replacements which is trilink.

-Efisher26-
e4bcac272fdd214f91ba962640fb7a06.jpg

They do have an odd size. 66 drive links 3/8 .050, tractor supply has "countyline" replacements which is trilink.

-Efisher26-
e4bcac272fdd214f91ba962640fb7a06.jpg

I knew they were a different link count. But I just take an old one in to a decent saw shop and have them make me a knew loop. I couldn't see trying to get the morons at my local Sears store to try to order a chain. I've had run in with them before.

I paid 15 for mine, im gonna get it squeaky clean and display it. The model xx was kind of a red headed stepchild, nothing like a super 25, so im not gonna spend a bunch of time on it. I just wanted it bc it was a special edition

I made it from .100" corrosion resistant steel. Cut it with a pneumatic, high speed cutting wheel.

That saw right there will definitely out cut the others in your wagon that are pictured! As for the spike the homelite SXL spike will bolt right on the 306-245. So will the remington PL-4 and such with just a additional hole drilled in the spike.

Unfortunately, the 306 is the largest saw I have in my collection right now. It is a beast of a saw for 58cc's. Thanks, for the tip on the alternative spikes. I'll keep an eye out for some on E-bay.

Not that it really matters but its 59cc.

Back