Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
52c6aac978369cc2e87872e9e3246c03.png
I really don't need it but someone posted this for sale locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
I may be going to look at a mcculloch pro Mac 700. A guy has one for $30. I'm waiting for him to get back with me on a time to go look at it. The Poulan pro is a little further away than I thought but I should be passing nearby Saturday. I'll see what the guy says.

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've been wanting a pro Mac 700 for a cheap price, lol. It's about a 40 mile drive one way. The guy says it was running when he set it aside 3 years ago. It will complement my 10-10s nicely.

RedneckChainsawRepair
That 415 looks sweet. $100 is a buy buy buy now price. 65cc quad port saws. ;)

One of the best running 65cc saws I have seen to date.

425 is a updated 415.

See if the air filter is like a 475 one = older one. Air filter like on 505 aka PP330 etc too and it will be a later one like mine. :cool:

Now buy that saw. :envy:

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hoggwood

Hoggwood

Dumpster saw enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
All of the 3400-4000 series saws I have that were made in Ontario, came equipped with a chain brake. The early ('79) one from the States I have, came equipped with a chain brake as well. But, it was the original solid arm/flag style. I can't say what the deal was, as the other big saw factories in Canada were not necessarily equipping saws with mandatory brakes then. I am not sure if you could have bought a 3400-4000 during that period that was Canadian made and had the option of no chain brake. I am too young to have been shopping then but am curious nonetheless. I am not sure if there were different Canadian regulations for homeowner versus pro-class saws. I have micros, s25da's, etc. from the same era that do not have brakes.

Those 3400-4000 series brakes do add mass though, as the covers are all Mg. They are easy to engage/throw. Not the best design overall, but have at least proven themselves for me in a couple of situations.

Latest posts