Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well had my surgery on Tuesday. Up until yesterday I was a hurting puppy. When they cracked my chest there was much more pain than I was expecting. Much better after they removed my chest tubes. I should be heading home on Monday. I really appreciate all the well wishes. Thank you all. Maybe in 4-6 weeks I can tear apart the 4000.

Good to hear you're felling better Bob

Well had my surgery on Tuesday. Up until yesterday I was a hurting puppy. When they cracked my chest there was much more pain than I was expecting. Much better after they removed my chest tubes. I should be heading home on Monday. I really appreciate all the well wishes. Thank you all. Maybe in 4-6 weeks I can tear apar the 4000.

Glad all is well take it easy lay off the nurses haha

Well I believe a got my oil pump working correctly now on my 3700. Last weekend I pulled it, stripped it down and unstuck the check valves and it still didn't work right. Today I pulled it and pulled the manual pump out, flipped the lipped seal and it still wouldn't pump. I pulled it again and put the inlet hose into some diesel full and it worked great. Bro told me to thin down the oil with diesel fuel. So I did and it worked a lot better. Guess my bar oil was just too thick.

Steve

First run of my rebuilt Poulan 4000 chainsaw. New piston and ring kit from Lil Red Barn, new bearings and seals, cylinder base gasket delete. Now I need to figure out why the oiler isn't working. It worked fine before I took the saw apart.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QIXt7utWoyk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please let us know how the LRB piston kit installed and if there were any problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will keep you posted on how it does. I did notice right off that it has very good compression, at least by how it felt pulling it. But that could also be from the gasket delete. I have been doing some searching for info on the oiler pump and it appears that they can be fragile and need to be handled with care. I hope I can get it working, parts look to be pretty scarce these days. I won't be able to really test the saw out without a working oiler.

I sent you a PM.
I will keep you posted on how it does. I did notice right off that it has very good compression, at least by how it felt pulling it. But that could also be from the gasket delete. I have been doing some searching for info on the oiler pump and it appears that they can be fragile and need to be handled with care. I hope I can get it working, parts look to be pretty scarce these days. I

Have any problems with the wrist pin and bearings?

Steve

The wrist pin that came with the piston was too small in diameter. I reused the original wrist pin which is pressed in. The bearings I think I got at a local Fastenal in my town, or maybe I ordered them online, I don't remember. But they pressed in just fine using a long bolt and various sockets and washers.

Back