Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is cold, we usually get some of that in February, freeze the nose hair in a few seconds. Back in my late 20s I got a new HD down sleeping bag that was good for -40 so I tried it out new years eve on the pourch ,and the temperature was -34 that night. I did sleep but it was a very lite sleep and if I moved the cold air came in the small hole I was breathing thru. Never tried it again that cold. Young and dumb

You guys are mad that's ruthlessly cold far out I new it gets cold up there but dam I can't imagine working in that. -7c in the morning frost so like 20F odd is bout the worst I've had to work in outside and we all though that was horrendous.

Alright so the old JB Weld did the trick for my buffers. Saw head is no longer floppy [emoji16]. Next question and I’m stuck scratching my head on. On a Valved motor it wouldn’t make a huge difference. But would the carb being off of the powerhead make a difference in compression on a 4200? I also haven’t put any gas or oil or anything of the sort into the cylinder and it’s in great shape. Doesn’t look scarred up or anything. I got 90psi which I know is low. Rings are a possibility should I be looking at reeds as well? Or should I wait until I get some oil down in the cylinder before ordering anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your gauge good? Go ahead and drop a few drips of oil in the plug hole and test it

Is your gauge good? Go ahead and drop a few drips of oil in the plug hole and test it

Gauge is brand new. Never used it before. Once my oil comes in for my vehicles (AMSOIL) I ordered a case of mix oil too I’ll pour some down in the cylinder. Oh and once I buy a new pull rope I’ll recheck my compressor. Had to of been the original pull rope. I’m just itching to hear this great American muscle scream. Once I get this 4200 running then I’ll be going and finishing up my old Pioneer S620.

That is cold, we usually get some of that in February, freeze the nose hair in a few seconds. Back in my late 20s I got a new HD down sleeping bag that was good for -40 so I tried it out new years eve on the pourch ,and the temperature was -34 that night. I did sleep but it was a very lite sleep and if I moved the cold air came in the small hole I was breathing thru. Never tried it again that cold. Young and dumb

I still have my extreme cold weather military mummy bag from being stationed in MT in 83-85. Also have the summer light weight one.

The cold weather one saved my butt at a hog rally once. Pouring cold rain coming through a cheap tent. I crawled in that cold weather bag and was warm through the night.

My morning drive to work . I felt sorry for anyone north of me ! Thought the truck went dumb then checked the phone. To cold for life ..
View attachment 699702

Where are you at? Woke up to -13f this morning! Going to be in the -20 range Monday and Tuesday night. Bad part is the wind is gonna blow hard. I can handle the temp but the wind chill is EVIL!

Gauge is brand new. Never used it before. Once my oil comes in for my vehicles (AMSOIL) I ordered a case of mix oil too I’ll pour some down in the cylinder. Oh and once I buy a new pull rope I’ll recheck my compressor. Had to of been the original pull rope. I’m just itching to hear this great American muscle scream. Once I get this 4200 running then I’ll be going and finishing up my old Pioneer S620.

check the gauge on something you know or try nother one.
too much oil will give hi reading. id use few drops of mix.

Where are you at? Woke up to -13f this morning! Going to be in the -20 range Monday and Tuesday night. Bad part is the wind is gonna blow hard. I can handle the temp but the wind chill is EVIL!
Im in northern Illinois . Weatherman says low for wednesday is -30 with the wind your talking about . I havent missed work in many years but at what point is it to much ?

Sayers talking about us getting some of that white stuff Monday night, more like ice if we do. Used to watch those ice road truckers on tv, would love to see them guys drive down here after 4" of snow, they'd be in the ditch stuck. Difference between dry snow and wet snow. What we get when we do is wet, slick mess, then the lower half melts and refreezes to ice.

Steve

Back