Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro I have nothing that I can offer you as help, I don't even know what a limited coil is, hope someone else can help you

No worries Todd. Some newer saws have a rev limit in the coil. Its definitely not that but that's the way it kinda sounds except just above idle really doesn't sound like fuel and no amount of needle adjustment can change it. Sometimes it runs great for a few tanks even n then randomly after a restart it will do it and come right an hour later or a week later may still not run. It doesn't run lean like a blockage or get rich just doesn't seem like carb issues at all

Well today I got the 4200 to pop a few times at me. Rebuilt the carb and and pulled fuel on the first pull. I bought a 44 inch pull cord today and well I must either have long arms or the pull starter has a sharp edge. We’ll tomorrow I’m going to buy a longer pull cord so I hear this thing run finally. It’s been a long journey with it. Anybody have any leads on a 32” bar for a 4200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44” is to short by 1 inch
ddfb2b13b833e3a027918dcbf93b4eba.jpg

44” is to short by 1 inch
ddfb2b13b833e3a027918dcbf93b4eba.jpg

That would be my friken luck. I was having a dying duck fit over it being short. Lol. I knew my knots were good. I mean a rope firefighter/ rope rescue technician in my everyday life so I knew they was good. But that will be corrected tomorrow

Dying duck fit, say that 3 times fast, go ahead. PS never heard that one before but I like it

That’s what my dad calls it atleast. I’ve seen him throw some doozies over the years when I left his tools out after tearing down an old Briggs motor. If you’ve never seen craftsman tools rain from the sky your missing out.

Back