Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comes out of the tank in that hole right above the coil.

Pull the flywheel off first, as it routes below it at the bottom. This YT vid may help you see the routing better…and you can also ask if there’s a service manual for the 20/20D series in the “Beg For Manuals” sticky thread.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=poulan+xx+repair

Didnt run them back to back. 85cc about like 385 though from cutting with them in past. 8500 might have torque over 385. 385 lighter by a bit.

I wouldnt even compare it to a 395 IMHO. 395 are 94cc. Beast in oak buried 36" cuts.

Only reason for this comparison was because they weigh close to the same.

Another older one I compared to in weights.

View attachment 1018242
Thanks. I have a 395 and yes a beast alright.

Anyone have a reed for a 306a??
Also if there are any pioneer guys reading , a partial carcass made it's way to my shop and I will likely never mess with it as it is missing too much. Has a coil, clutch , air box cover etc. Thought I'd see if anyone needed anything before I part it out. Not sure what model but can try to I D it if there is interest.

Anyone have a reed for a 306a??
Also if there are any pioneer guys reading , a partial carcass made it's way to my shop and I will likely never mess with it as it is missing too much. Has a coil, clutch , air box cover etc. Thought I'd see if anyone needed anything before I part it out. Not sure what model but can try to I D it if there is interest.
Post a pic in the Pioneer sticky, you'll get more nibbles there.

Thanks
You say that like I know how to do it !!!! Lol
I'll have one of the kids figure that out. Not got a grasp on the sticky thing yet.
This thread is a sticky, just click the "Chainsaw Stickies" thing above the thread title and click on the "Pioneer Chainsaws" thread when it takes you to the subforum.

I know I've said it, but I love this craftoulan!!
Won't be passing up any more of these.
View attachment 1019244

Look for the black with blue decal. They are basically 335 predator saws in red poulan.

I have 1 runner left of close to 10 at one time and a parts saw of one. Make great saws for folks.

c33x5zz.jpgc33x4.jpgc33solddddpsi.jpg

Anyone know a source for the crankcase gasket for the large countervibes?
Can't help with that, but here is a .pdf file of the gaskets for a 5200. There were made to be printed out, so you can make your own. Just have it set on 100% scale. so they are exact size. Thats if I can get this to load.

Gregg,

Attachments

• 5200gaskets.pdf
    321.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back