Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still got had after talking to someone over the phone before paying. Least I did PP the right way so I got refunded later.
Just so you know. Even though they make ya feel warm and fuzzy, they can put the hammer down.

ya my last couple deals had pp funds held til day after delivery
we can do etransfer here between cdn banks
he wanted that, rather than pp
had me on the fence at first

Anyone recall poulan 4000 with black tank with these older decals still?

3400 clutch cover, 4000 air filter cover, 4000 on recoil, looks like a 3800 style black tank. Looks like 4000 muffler style.

Dont want to pay a 100 for a dang 3400.

Think @OhioGregg has a newer 4000 with black decals and tank. But never seen these blue recoil decal on a black tank one.

p4000q.jpgp4000qq.jpg

For what it's worth, I do not. Here are some of my 4000's. Two earlier ones with earlier decals, two later ones with the appropriate later decals.
But have you ever seen a blue decal 4000 with black tank? We know the black tank 4000 with black decals was later.

Just trying to figure out what this is before wasting a 100.

All 4 of my 4000 have been blue decal with green tanks. Never blue with black.

p4000n.jpg

any exp w/lrb 52/5400 pistons in here?

had good look @ 5400 last nite
worth saving, imo
3 screw holes for top cover mislead me, didnt realize pins screwed into same holes
my 42 & 5200 covers fit it, pins & stud on head are missin

lookin for these & cover if theyre out there
You have me confused. What is it you are looking for. What pins and stud are you talking about. I'm sure I have what you need.

Well maybe later 4000 with 3400 clutch cover and 4000 recoil cover. Piston shows thin rings. So 4000 or 3700 top.

So I'll take chance. 100 worth of parts there worst case scenario.

View attachment 1027765
I think its a safe bet it is a 4000 Kevin, Who knows what parts have been swapped over the years. I have never seen a 4000 with a black upper handle either, like is on a a late 3400 or 3800. Another thing I have noticed too, and maybe its just my limited experience, all 4000 clutch covers I have seen, I think were plastic, not magnesium, at least what ive seen.

Gregg,

You have me confused. What is it you are looking for. What pins and stud are you talking about. I'm sure I have what you need.

my 42 & 5200 top covers sit on 3 plastic pins, screwed into top edges of cases
stud on head, nut in cover holds it in place
parts list calls it [stud] cyl cover bracket
cant seem to find pins on part lists online
can get pics later and look at factory paper ipl out in shop

also needing cover itself

my 42 & 5200 top covers sit on 3 plastic pins, screwed into top edges of cases
stud on head, nut in cover holds it in place
parts list calls it [stud] cyl cover bracket
cant seem to find pins on part lists online
can get pics later and look at factory paper ipl out in shop

also needing cover itself
I think my 5200 uses roll pins. I put rubber vacuum plugs on my so it wouldn't rattle.

stud can be seen on top of cyl
pins on either side of it in case
there is one more on other side of af
according to ipl, 42 & 5200 covers [11531] use these
44, 49, 5400 [11551] use 10-24 screws, and likely wouldnt have hole for stud on head
the 42/52 stuff fits 5400, so depending on cover used, determines mounting hardware

im not picky, given the choice would pick the stud type cover
not like ya can go to the store n get either, tho
5400 jug has muff mount holes, that stud also uses
IMG_1889.JPG

Took a chance on this poulan 4000 65cc being what the recoil, muffler and air filter cover told me in pics.
When seller showed me thin rings I ask pic for of piston. That told me 3700 or 4000.
Has someone’s home brews to high top cover and front of muffler. But shield covers it.
Also looks like they scratched on the upper lower exhaust but did really do anything from looks. Maybe they were just removing carbon.🤷🏼‍♂️
Has metal 3400 clutch cover. 4000 pulley and flywheel. Only black tank 4000’s I had ever saw though had black decals too. Not the early blue. Anyone?
Looks like my parts saw handle has a use now.
Someone carved the stihl fuel filter to try and use. No wonder it fell off.

Got this wrong but least fuel line goes to carb.

Can see in the one pic where it must have set on a concrete floor for awhile. 😬
Check and cleaning none through. 😎

New one for me on these. Never had the long front handle bolt snap off inside the handle. 😳From parts saw with hoping going to be used handle.

Drilling out broken bolt didn’t work. No threads left and over size bolt not a option.
Figures was my last handle in that style.

Bore check checked out 4000

p4000fly.jpgp4000pulley.jpgp4000af.jpgp4000aff.jpg

Back