Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's even more reason to keep that one. I've never seen the 2.0 as a countervibe . I'm always surprised the variations Poulan made for these saws.
So would you take a newer black and green 2350cva top handle or an older all green 38cc super xxv cva?

Is there not an exhaust gasket on the 3.3 ,3300 saws. Took 2 apart and neither had one.

I know one is in the gasket kit. But cant recall if all of them had it between the heat shield or not.

Attachments

• c33coverrec.jpg
    c33coverrec.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • c33fffffffff.jpg
    c33fffffffff.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
  • c33ffffffff.jpg
    c33ffffffff.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
Is there not an exhaust gasket on the 3.3 ,3300 saws. Took 2 apart and neither had one.
Today I dug deeper. Weird IPL dont show it. But in gasket kit there is one.

Here is dads bought new in 1994 3300. Looks like a gasket there to me.

Like said maybe some did and some didnt. WAG maybe ones with heat shield didnt and maybe ones without a head shield did. But I also seen some later ones with heat shield and gasket on poulan. 2 different muffler styles I believe too. So who really knows what they did over the years on which.

pgaskets.jpgp3300ipl.pngp3300muffdads.JPG

Like said maybe some did and some didnt. WAG maybe ones with heat shield didnt and maybe ones without a head shield did. But I also seen some later ones with heat shield and gasket on poulan. 2 different muffler styles I believe too. So who really knows what they did over the years on which.

View attachment 1164050View attachment 1164051View attachment 1164052
Thanks for the effort sir!! Very much appreciated!

Is it possible to put too long of a recoil rope on a poulan 20d? Just installed a new recoil spring on it and pulled it 4 times then the rope got stuck extended like when the spring broke the first time. The rope is maybe 1.75ft long. Is that too much and could it be pulling the spring too tight causing it to snap?

View attachment 1164050View attachment 1164051View attachment 1164052

The Poulan 245/306 series saws never showed one in the IPL either, but I fixed that w/ a sheet of Felpro 3009 Fel-ramic exhaust gasketing & a Dremel. Shiny side out to muff.

IMG_0468.jpeg

Just got a trunk load of poulans for a pioneer ra in trade. A couple 3400 countervibes like brand new, 3 - 245a, a 361, 3800, 2800 and most of a 5200 are the notables. All these pop on spray except the 5200. I think i already know the answer, but are there any jugs for a 5200 out there? Looking on ebay…..

Back