No 65cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new saw. I currently have a 455 rancher and a 372xp. The 455 is little on the small side for me, but the 372 seems like over kill. I would love to have a mid 60cc saw, but nobody seems to make one any more. What saw would guys recomend.

The problem with most saws in that size, is that they're often build on the same saw as the 70cc saw. For example, a Husky 365 is the same saw as the 372. Why carry around the same weight and bulk, only with less power.

The problem with most saws in that size, is that they're often build on the same saw as the 70cc saw. For example, a Husky 365 is the same saw as the 372. Why carry around the same weight and bulk, only with less power.

Good point, I never thought about that. i guess the 65cc class saw is more of a comfort thing than anything else,

Don't the 65cc models cost less? That might be one factor.

Yep the 365 can be had for 599$, and the 372 is atleast 800$ around these parts. And if you running a 20" bar cuttin' firewood I doubt you'd really notice the difference, except for your heavier wallet.

What if the 365 is sportin' a ported 372 cylinder and wearing an *** carb?? Would you notice a difference then?? :D

I would recommend a husky 357xp or a stihl 361 you will notice a good jump in power over the 455 and even a little less weight.

A 65cc husky/jonny is an excellent saw, only those who've never run one will warble on about them being the same weight but less 'power' than a 372, the 65cc machine has 70cc grunt and easily does anything a 372 can do, bung a few extra holes in the muffler and it's right there, no need for big-bore kits, and it's also got a broader power-band, a more relaxed engine that's less revvy/peaky/buzzy, a silky smooth vibration level, and all at a better price. What's not to like?? If you want more power you'll need to go 90cc

I would recommend a husky 357xp or a stihl 361 you will notice a good jump in power over the 455 and even a little less weight.

Yes, scrap the 455, and replace it with one of those - or wait to see what the 560/562xp turns out to be......:)

There are no 65cc saws out there, that isn't based on a 70cc+ one (or weights like one anyway) - so you have to settle for about 60cc.

Yes, scrap the 455, and replace it with one of those - or wait to see what the 560/562xp turns out to be......:)

There are no 65cc saws out there, that isn't based on a 70cc+ one (or weights like one anyway) - so you have to settle for about 60cc.

The 165 Efco is lighter than all 65cc saws as it is not based on a 70cc saw. Not really 65cc, but is 63.5cc. Stronger than 361 Stihl and 5 year warranty.

The 165 Efco is lighter than all 65cc saws as it is not based on a 70cc saw. Not really 65cc, but is 63.5cc. Stronger than 361 Stihl and 5 year warranty.

Sweet 5 year warranty so if you have a problem you box it up and ship back to Bailey's for warranty work? Because that's the only Efco dealer I know of.

Sweet 5 year warranty so if you have a problem you box it up and ship back to Bailey's for warranty work? Because that's the only Efco dealer I know of.

I had a warranty issue, and the parts are being sent out to me (Baileys). I know of a few US Efco dealers. Some other AS sponsors sell them.

It's not 65cc's but if you can find a used 262xp it's an excellent saw in the 60cc range. I haven't found anything stock in a 60cc saw that will run with it.

Please let's be fair. Efcopower has a dealer network and anyone with an internet connection can find it. Just searching my zip code shows 13 dealers in NY alone. There are 98 dealers within 300 miles of me. In your neck of the woods, I see Rochester NY has 3 dealers in their area, Altra Rental & Supply, Inc. in Ontario NY, Martin's Outdoor Power in Seneca Falls NY and Geneva NY.

Latest posts

Back