No sawing for a while

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with the surgery! Maybe you could get a hover round for the gtg. Just sit and saw! See if they make a 4wd.:msp_biggrin:

Just got the left medial meniscus cut out of my left knee in November. Had the right one done in 2007. I'm tellin ya......the Doc got better in the last 5 years! Last time, it took me MONTHS to recover. THIS time, hell, I'm 100% right now. They knocked me out for about 30 minutes. Woke up without any issues. Wife drove me to get a cheesesteak since I hadn't eaten in about 24 hours. Spent the rest of the day on the couch. Was up and walking with one crutch the next day, just taking Advil for a couple days. Skipped the heavy meds cause it didn't hurt that much. Since I couldn't run any saws while recouping, I figured I'd find another way to cut things. So I decided it was high time for a sword cane and bought this: Cold Steel :rock:

88SCFD_1.jpg

Now every time me and my buddies get drunk, someone takes out a cell phone camera, and I run for the sword cane. We got some SUPER funny videos. It cuts everything. Real nice piece :wink2:

I been there a couple of times, started in '04, left shoulder 3 times, right shoulder 2 times, right knee 2 times, right hip replaced in '10, left knee tomorrow, I should be bionic shortly.:bang:

Man! you must not have drank enough milk!

Some guy in high school told us that milk actually weakens your bones unless its your mothers milk or somethin like that...not quite sure what to believe but i sho does likes milk...good luck going under the knife!

Just got the left medial meniscus cut out of my left knee in November. Had the right one done in 2007. I'm tellin ya......the Doc got better in the last 5 years! Last time, it took me MONTHS to recover. THIS time, hell, I'm 100% right now. They knocked me out for about 30 minutes. Woke up without any issues. Wife drove me to get a cheesesteak since I hadn't eaten in about 24 hours. Spent the rest of the day on the couch. Was up and walking with one crutch the next day, just taking Advil for a couple days. Skipped the heavy meds cause it didn't hurt that much. Since I couldn't run any saws while recouping, I figured I'd find another way to cut things. So I decided it was high time for a sword cane and bought this: Cold Steel :rock:

88SCFD_1.jpg

Now every time me and my buddies get drunk, someone takes out a cell phone camera, and I run for the sword cane. We got some SUPER funny videos. It cuts everything. Real nice piece :wink2:

Sword canes are awesome! My grandpappy and lallah have two old sword canes hung up on their wall next to the winchester 1894 and double barrel muzzleloader plus the dueling muskets. I used to play with the sword canes as a wee little squirt

Total knee replacement? or arthroscopic surgery?

Been thru both. Fist to the heart to you friend. Been thru both.
Have any questions, PM me. Chainsaws or knees .............

Be well, and DO NOT get to likin' the med juice ...........
Life too short to be sippin' narcotics ............ Just sharing the abbreviated stories of others.

Me, bi-lateral TKR in 3/12. 6 weeks outpatient rehab. 12 week limit stopping Perc. ........... misery ........ still swinging a saw, though.
It must be a CAD thing.

:rock:

Termite, you do live kinda close, bout 45 miles, but if you come straight through the woods, it's about half that distance, just watch that one big stream.:D I live off 144 not far from Battletown. I'll bet that Mastermind 576 is a hoot to run, I could stand on one leg, maybe I'll get to run it at the GTG.:hmm3grin2orange:

I bet I could put my boat in at Leavenworth and be there in no time. When you get into the recoopen give me a shout and I'll come down.

Back