No wimpy chainsaws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis, nothing i wrote was aimed toward you. and i didn't feel i was being rude, i thought mowood was being rude that's why i posted.

yep a motorized chain spinning around a bar is a chainsaw. but i would think a hot saw is to the chainsaw forum as a top fuel dragster would be the cavalier forum. be honest, not defensive, that's what it is and that's why the hot saw forum exists. again i will say i like seeing te hot saws in this forum, but when someone says it doesn't belong here, they're right.

My post was directed at StihlinEly, not you. I was trying to post something interesting, but some don't agree posting about a bikesaw in this section. No biggie!.....but I did comment I would get it moved. Just trying to get some interest over in the Hotsaw/racesaw section. Right now it's a weak area of AS. What I do hope is Stihlin Ely likes the who's you pal thread, with all the pictures of the dogs and there chainsaw buddies......Hahahahahahaha!

OK!......This is a little tease for you guys that follow the StihlTimberSportSeries. I'll probably move this over to the Hotsaw section, but for now, I want you woodticks to see how the sport of Hotsawing is progressing. This is a stoker 270 Honda I just built for Mikey Forreseter from Glide Oregon. He is a strong competitor with the axe and the saw. Keep an eye out for him to do well this year.

securedownload98.jpg

Dennis,

That is what I call saw building.

I like it, but what the heck, I'm building a non-competitive, borderline race/kart/GTG Special saw. So what do I know?

Oh look a windmill, CHARGE!!!

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

About how long does it take to build a saw of this type? Plus if you do your own pipe how much time does that involve? Thanks.

Depends......just the frame can be built in a week or so, but if you have to rebuild the engine, add a couple more weeks. The pipe is a love hate deal and can take a week sometimes......but somedays I'll work till 1 or 2 in the morning.....and others maybe an hour or 2. I hate being under the thumb and try to avoid it. I use to build one, get it going good, and then sell it, but lately I've taken some orders......So, back under the thumb.....the STS qualifiers start at the end of March.

Sprockets for these......16 tooth 404.....or 13 tooth for 1/2"

Here's the 2 saws I built for TJ Bexten last year for the STS. One is a 250 and the other is a BB310. He won the Western qualifier running the 250. With my pipes and Keihin pumper carbs.

004-6.jpg

Here's the 2 saws I built for TJ Bexten last year for the STS. One is a 250 and the other is a BB310. He won the Western qualifier running the 250. With my pipes and Keihin pumper carbs.

004-6.jpg

What size Keihin's they look big 42's?

What kind of life span do you normally get out of these saws? Very nice work I might add.

The 310 has a blue 42mm......and the 250 has a black 40mm.

Life span......Who knows!......but my 500, which was a complete re-build in 1993, is still running strong, with the same piston and rings.

Here's TJ making a test run with the 250, using the Stihl Hi-tooth 404. As you can see the chain was a little too aggressive for the up cut.

I would also guess maybe a #250 main on the 42?
Have ever considered leaving the trans. on one. Shift in the cut.

Thank you for sharing some of your spec's. I'll go back to working on my Wild Thing now.

Dennis, in your estimation, which saw is more of a pink elephant your 250's or Rotax's predator?
hahahaha.
And stop phoning me!:hmm3grin2orange: