Non Cat ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:rock: Picked up another saw for just messing around (you guys were right this is addicting) anyway its a 359 Husky. I ordered a non cat muffler for it and was wondering if I will need to do anything else to ,such as carb adjustment. Should I have it tacked and what is the optimum rpm.:help:

You should have it tached, just to make sure......
I think the dealer set my 346xp a little slow when it was new, after the muffler swap, the rpm was dead on with no adjustment.

Ed

A couple of months ago I bought a new 2159 jonsered i think same as your 359 and wow did it ever run hot and that cat muffler ever hold the heat bought a non cat muffler and world of difference not so much more performance but ran way cooler took it to the dealer to have tuned and he didnt have to make any adjustments except the idle screw However I would still have checked out though.I also recently bought a 353 with a cat muffler and it dosent run nowhere near as hot as the 2159 did but it is still going to get a non cat muffler . Both of my saws are sit at stock rpm until they are good and broke in. Hope this helps and congrats on the 359:chainsawguy: :pumpkin2:

Attack the carb with a sharp utility knife. Heat the blade with a propane torch and melt thru the black rings that encircle the high and low jet adjustment screws. then melt off the ears on the limiter caps and you can adjust the carb properly.

Corey

you can also use a rotary tool....

You can use a rotary tool like a dremel to grind the limiter tabs off of the carb caps. I've also heard you can use small screwdrivers to push in the tiny slots on the caps so you can back them off the needles. I would strongly recommend that you peek through the caps(caps have a slot in the center) and make note of the true position of the needle screws. You'll wind up having to rotate the screws/caps around to grind/cut the tabs. That way you'll have a reference point because you'll probably just richen the screws about 1/8 of a turn or so.

The max rpm for the 359 is listed as both 13,000 and 13,500 by Husqvarna depending on if you read the service manual or the technical specs. I tached mine at around 12,800 at about 45 degrees F last year and it cut really well with a 16" 3/8 setup.

Last edited:
Back