Non pro saw filter upgrade? (290-390)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS-310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have been wanting to know if they make an upgrade to the crappy air filter on the 290-310-390 stihl saws. My 310 is a good saw for what I do bu the filter system sucks bad. I would like to know if there is or maybe a "HOME MADE" one???? Thanks Guys for your time

There is no factory upgrade.
I find the filter works pretty well and the carb compensates for any material blockage until its really packed. What problem are you having?

MS-310 said:
I have been wanting to know if they make an upgrade to the crappy air filter on the 290-310-390 stihl saws. My 310 is a good saw for what I do bu the filter system sucks bad. I would like to know if there is or maybe a "HOME MADE" one???? Thanks Guys for your time

one simple advice, buy a husky :hmm3grin2orange:

Lakeside53 said:
There is no factory upgrade.
I find the filter works pretty well and the carb compensates for any material blockage until its really packed. What problem are you having?

I have had no problems with the saw, I just like the pro saw filter. Im a clean freak with filters and with the saw, it really helps it out. Plus I was thinking it mite free up a little bit more power.

Plus its a pain in the but to clean the darn thing. Thanks guys for the Help
(im sure If I would have got an husky I wouldnt have any problems:laugh: )

Latest posts

Back