noodle pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
found some wood out back, i couldnt slow it down in the cut.

custom sharpend stihl RSC makes great noodles

bearsfeet both the 310 and 359 are 60cc saws both wearing 24 and 25" bars. i need 18 a for the 310. i pretty much just dont use the 310 unless my 359 chain is dull and i dont want to sharpen or change chains

Like seriously man, how is it you "can't slow it dow in the cut"? I've never saw anything you couldn't slow down, unless te rakers were way high.

Evanrude

i thought somone changed my name for a split second, great name isnt it. noodles are a mess if in the cut long enough they stach in chain case and come out on the top side of the bar packn in the cut.

matt
it wasnt good test. not much cut and no time to dog it in. ive got 34" stump ill cut tommorrow maybe get vid and dog it in hard. everything ive done after this port job. if the dogs are touchn wood im going slower then the saw wants cause they slow it down dropn under its own weight it gota be cutn 1200-1300k but its only 18" wood or so that ive tested it in so far.

Evan

Last edited:
hmmm

I don't get it... How'd you get that husky to clear the noodles?? My friggin' huskys are sooooo bad at that. Like every inch you have to stop and clear... Never bogs, but jesus it plugs up fast. Every dang husky I've ever run does... Wonder if they changed the design...???

:cheers: eh?

Nice saw btw...

I don't get it... How'd you get that husky to clear the noodles?? My friggin' huskys are sooooo bad at that. Like every inch you have to stop and clear... Never bogs, but jesus it plugs up fast. Every dang husky I've ever run does... Wonder if they changed the design...???

:cheers: eh?

Nice saw btw...
Weird. My Husky 390 clears noodles off a 32" bar w/ skip chain like a dream.

Like seriously man, how is it you "can't slow it dow in the cut"? I've never saw anything you couldn't slow down, unless te rakers were way high.

My 395XP is hard to slow down in a cut. Even when the chain is less then sharp it throws shavings. I have to remind myself to visually check the chain to prevent me from making a simple sharpening job a major sharpening job.

Here is a pasta maker hard at work. If I only had some meatballs and sauce to go with it. The wood it cottonwood. The saw is the 395XP with a 32" bar and skip chain. I am cutting it into small enough pieces to lift and load into the trailer.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can understand a 395 being kinda hard to slow down, but if you push on it, it'll slow down. But a 359?

Last edited:
Speed

Weird. My Husky 390 clears noodles off a 32" bar w/ skip chain like a dream.

Could be the chain speed. My 394 with a 24" clogs up like a friggin kitchen sink. My 288 is the same way. It could have to do with the amount of wood getting sent out. The speed of the chain with a 32" is alot slower than a 24" or a 20"... Hence the amount of wood being noodled is less I believe... I'll take a vid and show ya. Look for it later eh? I gotta cut some oak today sooooo...

:)

Oh yea, and your running skip, thats even 1/2 the material of a full comp dude...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back