noodle recipes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDRMNKY

ArboristSite Dork
Reaction score
not noodling pics, stories, or vids...after all that's done and there's just a pile of noodles

I've seen a few ideas for what to do with em' in various places, but thought we could collect all the noodle recipes in one spot

good descriptions (similar to granny's recipe box) and pictures of the process or product will help!

----------

SPDRMNKY NOODLE RECIPE:

I got nuthin'...I've used em' for mulch with mixed results, and am thinking about collecting a bunch in empty feed bags for use as firestarter, but that's it

cheers!

dog house

If I get enough to bother with, I throw them in with the hay in the dog houses. I rake it all out and give them fresh every...once in awhile, more in the winter than the summer. The winter I pack it in about half way deep, they burrow out their den area. I started doing that when I found them sitting in and rolling in fresh piles of noodles.

I also notice the birdies will grab them for nests..along with whenever I whack my beard down short...hahaha I do that outside, birds love that stuff!

Noodles

Here is a pile of noodles I had last year. I spread them around in the flower beds - they make good mulch.

Nosmo

I don't know if this is gonna work but I'm gonna try it.

Fire starter cakes:

I'm gonna melt down some candle wax.
Soak some very dry noodles in it.
Pack the wax soaked noodles in an old cup cake pan about an 2" thick per cake.
Allow to cool.
serves 8

I actually do have a pile of noodles drying on my work bench just to try this.
Hopefully they won't just be "poof and gone" like noodles usually do for me.

We use them with chipper chunks as a cheap stone replacement in the barnyard to keep the mud in check. They can be cleaned up and spread on the fields without creating an issue.

They work well for soaking up the occasional oil spill in the shop....no easy way to get to the drain on my zero turn. Or for the constant leaks of the Ford out in the driveway.

I bag them up and give them to the dog kennel for bedding.

I give Three big garbage bags too the hot cougar down the road from me, the wife hates when I do that lol. But I have been doing that for 10 years!(giving the noodle's that is)
For her Hamsters. Dry Pine Noodles or Spruce she don't want no Poplar/Aspen???
P.S My 7900 is the Noodle King!

I don't know if this is gonna work but I'm gonna try it.

Fire starter cakes:

I'm gonna melt down some candle wax.
Soak some very dry noodles in it.
Pack the wax soaked noodles in an old cup cake pan about an 2" thick per cake.
Allow to cool.
serves 8

I actually do have a pile of noodles drying on my work bench just to try this.
Hopefully they won't just be "poof and gone" like noodles usually do for me.
Seems like a lot of work, especially to melt down and add the wax. Just pack the noodles in a book box. I also had a bunch of padded envelopes left over years ago. Wish I had saved them all, packed them with noodles, and lit my wood stove with the concoction. :rolleyes2:

cheap litter for the litter box in the barns... keeps the cats from crapping in the hay mows..
also we use shavings under the straw in the stalls so we mix some in when we have it..
also have tilled in some in the hard clay ground to help keep it broken up.. it takes massive quantities to do this...we had a trimming crew wanting to get rid of huge quantities, i told them i would take it all if it was fine shavings and chips not big chunks..they agreed they changed screens and buried about 1 acre of ground here... spread it with the manure spreader and heavy tillage...followed by no till now for five years and ground is loose..before this we could hardly drive a fence post in spots....
:msp_sneaky:
this approach would work in gardens and such but be aware of acidity..

Back